Start a New Topic 
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
problems with 2 year old
hi we seem to think that the problems with her not going to bed now and screaming for an hour or more is down to security. she now follows us about like a sheep and wont even go upstairs to play if we dont go with her. this has only just occurd. any ideas on ho...
Views: 169   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 29, 2005 8:57pm
by Jennifer
c
cheryl
4 year old shouts & screams for tv on in her room in the middle of the night
i am a live in nanny for a 4 year old girl,so she is good as gold for me but me & her mum have a big problem with her through the night she wakes up asks for her tv on & we say no, she shouts so loud for it on she goes mad till she has it on but she is the type of ch...
Views: 139   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 29, 2005 8:14pm
by gen
teenage son lying about his life
My son has been lying about what he does on the weekends, he has a diary on Xanga and posts that he does things he does not do. I am worried is this just the tip of the iceberg or am I over-analyzing this situation??? I thought I had a good relationship with my son...
Views: 202   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 29, 2005 8:05pm
by gen
CHILDMINDER IN HARLOW
Im a registered childminder and NNEB qualified also. Pet and smoke free home in harlow, Essex. Please contact me for any details.
Views: 166   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 29, 2005 7:29pm
by Julia Wilson
s
sam
trouble with teenage daughter help please!
Hi, i'm a newbie, i have a 14 year old daughter. She lives with her dad and step mum and has done since she was 5. She's become a nightmare, didn't go to school for 2 weeks, her friends are between 14 and 20 years old, she goes off in cars all over the place, doesn't...
Views: 263   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 29, 2005 5:24pm
by Angela M
n
nikki
pokeing lil. bro. in eyes
i'am a mother of 2 boys elijah(2.5yrs) and isaiah 6months. Elijah pokes isaiah in the eye everyday just this last time elijah broke vessels in isaiah's eye and i don't know what to do. please help
Views: 153   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 29, 2005 5:13pm
by Angela M
daughters behaviour
pleae help i am at my wits end with my daughter. she sulks and talks in awhiney whingey voice. she stomps around and is so aggressive towards her elder brother she nips and ounches him .when we tell her its not nice to do that she throws herself to the floor and bang...
Views: 213   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 29, 2005 5:00pm
by Pamela
m
mickey
lonely teen
I have a 13 year old boy (14 in Dec.), he is in 8th grade and seems to not have any friends. He is well-behaved in school according to principal and is getting straight A's. This is his 3rd year in this school district. He says he's happy but wants friends. He is...
Views: 114   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 29, 2005 12:04pm
by mickey
h
Helen
OFSTED Registered Childminder - READING (RG7)
Hi, my name is Helen and I'm an Ofsted Registered Childminder in Spencers Wood, Reading (near Shinfield, Arborfield, Swallowfield, Three Mile Cross, Lower Earley etc.) I now have a vacancy for a 0-5 year old. For full details of what I have to offer, including...
Views: 165   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 29, 2005 8:49am
by Helen
Naughty child at school but good at home!
Help - My daughter who is so much fun and happy and very bright and normally well behaved, has recently started School and is turning into a monster at school. Instead of the behaved girl she is at home she simply wont do as she's told at School on certain occassion...
Views: 181   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 28, 2005 11:06am
by Christine Gouldi...
a
Alex
Problems with 2 yr old sleeping
My 2 year old wakes up every night around two or three in the morning for some milk, he is very persistent and won´t take a no for an answer, and will wake up all the family. He has dinner just before bed so he is very full when he falls sleep. Any sugestions?
Views: 176   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 27, 2005 7:21pm
by Fiona
Power struggle with 5 yr old boy
I am feeling very down and at a loss with how to tackle my son's behaviour. At school, at home and at outside school activities, he point blank refuses to follow direct instruction. He is already being 'labelled' as a difficult child, who will fall behind because of...
Views: 214   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 26, 2005 8:19am
by Pam
2yr old Tantrums
My two-yr old constantly screams and cries for me to pick her up. When I don't she throws herself to the floor. In the end I pick her up b/c I don't like seeing her cry. And b/c I'm constantly holding her,I always end up late for school or appointments. Does anyone h...
Views: 135   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 26, 2005 2:21am
by Monique
divorced parents
I am a divorced parent that has remarried , I have a 8 year old son that loves to play hockey. I have a ex husband who doesn't find the need to get our son to hockey. The last straw was today at 5:50 am my new husband went to pick up my son to take him to hockey and...
Views: 129   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 26, 2005 1:59am
by Monique
Nine year old refuses to go to school
My nine year old son refuses to go to school !! Once I get him there he kicks , screams , hits. The teachers, school counsler , say he settles down after a while , but they now refuse to deal with him. When I drop him off , an adult has had to hold onto him until I g...
Views: 194   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 25, 2005 1:56pm
by David Peet
Explaining Blended Families
I have a son who is four now. His biological father has not seen him since he was five months old. I have a husband now. My son calls him dad and to his knowledge, it is the only dad he has. I am ready to tell him about his biological father. I know how to expla...
Views: 158   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 25, 2005 1:45pm
by David Peet
t
Toby
Need advice please!!!!!
Hi everyone, its my first time posting. I have 2 children, aged 6.5yrs (boy) and 3yr (girl). My problem is actually with my children (at present anyway!!) its actually with my best friends just about 2-yr old. Since the time she could crawl she has been like...
Views: 236   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 24, 2005 10:10pm
by jane
z
Zoe
Keeping our kids safe on the internet
Hi everyone I just thought this would be a helpful and important post to some of you. For those of us who allow our kids to have access to the internet even when we can't always supervise what they are doing on there. My neice actually got caught up in a bad situa...
Views: 158   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 24, 2005 9:18pm
by Zoe
4 yr old will not stop talking in class
My 4-year old's preschool teacher writes checks on the boards for misbehavior or disobedience in class. My child has had checks on the board this week. She states that she is talking while she is teaching. She also states that she is distracted by her shoes, coat,...
Views: 166   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 24, 2005 7:39pm
by Angela
p
Poppy
Troubled son.
Hello everyone, this is my first posting in this forum. My teenage son's behaviour prompted me to do an internet search for help and advice. My son is 17. He's completely stuck in a rut. He left school at 16, with no specific qualifications. (He didn't do very well...
Views: 203   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 24, 2005 6:44pm
by David Peet
Relaxation Tip
Do you guys ever have one of those days that is just crazy and the kids have just worn you out? My new favorite thing to do when I'm having a day like that is to put on some music. I have been listening to the Rent soundtrack and it totally makes me feel better. I...
Views: 150   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 23, 2005 7:13pm
by Lisa
d
Deanne
Could I be pregnant
could I be pregnant if my husband ejaculates in me when I wasn't ovulating? In other words do you have to obulate to get pregnant?
Views: 193   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 23, 2005 7:02pm
by Lisa
d
Deanne
second pregnancy
I"m pregnant with my second child, when should i transition my first to a bed? How long should i give her to get use to a toddler bed before My second is born which is August. Also if my second child is born is August should i start toilet training my first now? T...
Views: 228   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 23, 2005 6:43pm
by Lisa
sudden change in my 10 year ols son's behaviour
over the past year my son's behaviour has been gradually deteriorating, but very recently it has taken a sharp turn for the worse. this has culminated today when he has become abusive, violent, aggressive. you name it, he's done it, called me names, hit me. he has no...
Views: 221   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 23, 2005 4:58pm
by Louise Finch
SICK BEFORE BED TIME
hi can anyone help? my little girl who is two has never been the worlds best sleeper. she is just over 2 but now in the last month she throws tantrums when going to bed. this week she manages to wait until she goes to bed and then throw up over the bed just...
Views: 209   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 23, 2005 4:36pm
by David Peet
k
Karen
Help with my 11 year old!
My 11 year old daughter is so stressing me out ... she is so cheeky and doesn't listen and has a smart answer for everything and always has to have the last word. I put her in time out all the time as well as not going out to her friends etc and having her pocket mon...
Views: 231   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 23, 2005 4:27pm
by David Peet
c
claire
sulking
I am a 21 yr old single mother of a 3 yr old boy. The biggest problem i have is his sulking, when he is naughty either at home, nursery or when we are out and about he gets time out and takes the punishment well. He will then apologise but he never seems to forget th...
Views: 246   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 23, 2005 1:44pm
by Katie
r
Rachel
Son's behaviour
I am looking for advice on how to help my son, he is 5 and 99% of the time he is great but when we find ourselves in certain situations he just can not cope, one example being we went to a photographers for a family photo and he was really looking forward to it and a...
Views: 337   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 23, 2005 9:30am
by miranda
c
Chel
Early Riser
My son has ALWAYS been an early riser never sleeping past 6-6:30AM from infancy (and I am not a morning person!!!) For the past several months he's been getting up even earlier - sometimes 5AM and not going back to sleep. He's 3 1/2 yrs old and his tendencies are s...
Views: 209   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 23, 2005 5:41am
by Karen
a
Amber
Moms work from home
Moms, Do you work long hours and can't seem to find enough time with your children. Well check out my web site and be a Mom Exec. You don't have to sell anything or have any home parties. Just check us out !!! You'll love us and a chance to spend quality time with...
Views: 198   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 22, 2005 10:13pm
by Anibas
c
carly
potty training trouble
iam having trouble with my nearly 4 year old son trying to get him dry is a nightmare. he wont even sit on the tolet becaude he saids his scared. i need some help,or ideas
Views: 198   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 22, 2005 9:13pm
by Martine
c
caz
a child that only eats 3 things..help
i look after a kid that eats nothing but pasta shapes from a tin, chips and sausages, and thats it. he might drink juice but it has to be the mi wadi brand or he will not touch it. u can even put a different brand into the mi wadi bottle and he can still tell. he won...
Views: 202   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 22, 2005 9:08pm
by Martine
j
Janet
Cant get baby 8 months old to sleep through night
How do I get my 8 month old to sleep through night? I am breastfeeding her still and she uses a pacifer and she wakes up about 2 to 3 times a night still. Help
Views: 158   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 22, 2005 8:53pm
by Martine
k
Katie
13 yr old with attitude problems.... need some advice
I moved in with my boyfriend and his 13 almost 14 yr old daughter after I got out of the military. Things were going fine until recently. She has been giving us more of an attitude and been pouting around. I was raised in a strict military home, where I had a lot...
Views: 296   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 22, 2005 8:15pm
by Michelle
Grandparents intervention with child's disciplining.
I am staying together with my own parents. My three kids were very well behaved when I am around as I am a strict mother. I reward my children whenever they are well behaved. My problem is, my parents pampered them like anything and were unhappy with me with the way...
Views: 184   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 22, 2005 10:07am
by miranda
Do I need a Stroller?
I have a two and three year old. I currently have no car, and I take them to daycare every day which is about 3-4 blocks from here. I currently own a tandem stroller (double) but it is very hard to manage and drives much like a cadillac- a veritable thorn in my side!...
Views: 121   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 22, 2005 5:14am
by Feather
parenting survey....MUST READ!!
great survey, I have been look for something like this for a while now. http://nicksoup.theforeman.net/NDSUsurvey/form.php
Views: 154   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 21, 2005 7:02pm
by Suzanne Anderson
l
Lori
Son Cries when I volunteer at his school
Hello All, my son is 6 years old in Kindergarten this year. I have volunteered at his school twice and he cried each time! He cries the WHOLE time I am at the school.....I want to know why he is doing this. I ask him why and he doesn't have an answer.
Views: 183   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 21, 2005 5:45pm
by Lori
n
Nick
Help with defiant four year old wetting himself.
My girlfriends little boy is four and has recently started to become extremely defiant in his behavior. He is dry at night about 3 out of 7 nights currently. He is lifted at night but still wets after going when he is lifted. He isnt allowed anything to drink fo...
Views: 210   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 20, 2005 5:45am
by Laura
r
Rhonda
inconvience of Detention
I have been the child care provider for this family for 6 years off and on as well as many other families. The mother of the child we are having proplems with is a single parent of 4 (ages 7-14), living in a lower end trailer park but giving her children the best...
Views: 203   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 20, 2005 5:20am
by Laura
a
Angela
9 year old son is really mean to his 8 year old sister
Hi,i am having some severe problems with my 9 year old son, he has an 8 year old sister that he is so mean to, he calls her names and even hits her sometimes! I have taken care of the hitting , he doesnt do that anymore, but how do iget him to stop being so mean to h...
Views: 194   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 20, 2005 2:30am
by Angela
j
Jean
Sit or stand
My son is potty trained and ready to use the toilet. Do I sit him on or stand him up to urinate?
Views: 168   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 19, 2005 2:21am
by Susan
t
Tim
Writing punishments
Do any other parents set an essay or lines for their children? My wife has dished out an essay a few times to our 15 year old daughter. It seems to be quite effective - our daughter finds them very hard work.
Views: 179   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 18, 2005 2:42pm
by Angela M
s
suz
abandonment
Help My daughter who is self admitted she is hooked on CRACK has brought her daughter to live with me. The child's father is angry that my daughter is nowhere around. She lives in Tucson and keeps saying she is coming to Ohio but she never does. She does not t...
Views: 187   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 18, 2005 2:36pm
by Angela M
s
Sharon
Bedwetting - 5 year old girl
My daughter is 5 and a half and has a strange pattern of bedwetting - she was dry at 3 then she had to start wearing eye patches to correct her sight. She started bedwetting every night from 3 and a half til 5. The patches stopped and the bedwetting stopped - we th...
Views: 209   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 18, 2005 7:51am
by Laura
teen behavior in school
I have a 13 yr old some he has bi-polar he is not on medication. My problem is not at home but at his school. He does not like his Jr High so he has acted out is rude and sleeps through class, he doesnt do his work in class and doesnt bring it home. Teachers are afra...
Views: 203   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 18, 2005 7:34am
by Laura
b
Beth
HELP
Hello I have a sert of 2 year old twin boys. One of them has became aggressive to the other I've tried so many things I don't know what to do anymore. I'm trying very hard to be a positive parent but Will almost pushed Rollie down the stairs! Now it's starting to get...
Views: 194   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 18, 2005 7:22am
by Laura
End of rope
I have two children:a girl of 11 and boy of 8. They are both loving, intelligent and highly creative but very emotional and have been hard hard work to raise in various ways. My son has always been prone to anger and tears as was I when I was his age. By and lar...
Views: 251   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 18, 2005 7:07am
by Laura
brushing teeth @ hair
Hi I'm Grandma of Destiny, who is soon to be 4 years old. I child sit a few days out of the week. I have great difficulty getting her to #1: brush her teeth...I've tried fun toothbrushes, battery and standard...singing while we brush....we all brush together. #2:...
Views: 183   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 18, 2005 5:46am
by Laura
come visit my site!
hi! please come visit my site, register and post a reply or question to help other parents! thanks for your support! www.helpwithparenting.com
Views: 148   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 18, 2005 3:25am
by helpwithparentin...
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
Free Forum powered by Bravenet