Start a New Topic 
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
twin behaviour
oooh I need help. I have twin boys, 13 months (corrected 12 months). We have tried to encourage scheduling since about 7-8 months and it was working great until recently!!! One of them broke his ankle about 4 weeks ago and was casted for a few weeks, it is now off...
Views: 236   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 18, 2007 5:34pm
by erica
When your child is not nice
Our 8 year old so is so self centered and rude/mean to his brother and sometimes to his parents. He is constantly trying to one up his brother (5 1/2 years) and is always putting him down or trying to make him feel bad. He is the quintessential "cool kid". Everyon...
Views: 303   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 18, 2007 1:11pm
by ellie
a
ann
loosing it
help!! I think i am loosing it, i have a 4 year old boy who is behaving oddly. He has a older cousin and is completely mesmerized by him in fact when this boy is around he does not play with anybody and hits if someone try to play with him. He also hugs and hold t...
Views: 312   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 18, 2007 11:07am
by ann
3yr old grandchild
I am mother of 5 and grandmother of 8. I have fostered children looked after children, baby sat etc. And I have never met a child who winds me up like my 3 and a half year old grandson - and it breaks my heart. Let me explain the situation briefly. My daughter...
Views: 262   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 17, 2007 8:08am
by Marianne
g
Graham
What punishment for a child who steals for the first time?
Yesterday we found out that my 12 year old son had stolen from his 8 year old brother. He wasn't being deliberately mean and didn't need the money - he even shared it with a friend. And he's very upset and contrite now we know. He knows he's lost our trust, and he...
Views: 240   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 14, 2007 9:18pm
by Hemyola Shantini
t
Tony
Child Safety Tips
Hello Im new to this forum. Me and my wife are in the early stages of creating a child safety website. www.mychildsafety.net Please leave comments here on the forum. We need your advice on how to improve on the subject matter or any thing we could add to help parent...
Views: 174   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 6:29pm
by Tony
kids
i have a 2 yr old who will scream if any body strange walks through the door, she has her regulars who she is use to like my friends who have been here since her birth, but any body different she will get hysterical. help me
Views: 268   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 1:31pm
by ellie
s
Susie
1-year-old Hitting mom
Does anyone have any good advice about my normally sweet, loving 1-year-old who has taken to being aggressive with me? He will smack my face, or take off my glasses roughly. He will kick while I am trying to change his diaper with the intention of kicking me. I...
Views: 213   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 1:25pm
by ellie
p
Pippa
Help! I feel like a failure!
This sounds really silly and every time I tell colleagues/friends about it they just laugh but I'm at the end of my tether. My 4 yr old boy has been having tantrums about his shoes, socks, eye lashes, collars and labels. The collars and labels problem has only just...
Views: 287   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 12:10pm
by Pippa
Tangled Teenage Friendship
I have a tangled situation for which I'd be grateful for any advice: My 17 year old son's has a best friend (male) that he's known for over 14 years. The best friend visits the house often, and over the course of the last few months has become very friendly wit...
Views: 299   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 12, 2007 9:21pm
by Hemyola Shantini
m
martin
Re my social skills? message, I am seeking advice, Please can you help
Please can anyone suggest root cause/s of my daughters problem
Views: 237   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 10, 2007 5:09pm
by aerin
over-stimulated behaviour at daycare
Okay, Took me awhile to find this board after I lost all my internet bookmarks.... We are having issues with a host of behaviours that pop up, especially after being at Dad's, most of which seem to occur at daycare only. My son is 3 1/2, and is generally cal...
Views: 213   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 10, 2007 5:06pm
by aerin
child sleeping arrangments
I have a 6yr old daughter and i am seperated from her dad. She has been sleeping there 2 nights a week, however she sleeps in the same room as him as he only has 1 bedroom. She has now announced that she does not like sleeping in the same room as him and wants to sle...
Views: 264   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 10, 2007 4:18pm
by majenta
a
Ang
Had enough of 7 yr old behaviour
I am mother of 4 girls and my oldest is 7 yrs old. I can't take anymore of her bad behaviour, she constantly picks on the other 3, she has terrible attitude, breaks or ruins things in house. I have tried reward charts, naughty step and now took all her toys away!...
Views: 252   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 10, 2007 12:55am
by Mimi
l
Lydia
VERY worried about 8 year old nephew.
My brother and his wife have two sons, S,11 and J,8. S is a normal boys' boy. J has been into girly things ever since anyone can remember. Most of what I know I have either seen myself or my daughters (10 and 8) have told me. His hair is a bit past shoulder lenght...
Views: 336   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 9, 2007 10:58pm
by Liz
Social skills?
My daughter has problems sometimes interacting with other children, she misinterprets facial expressions and body language from others as being nasty or talking about her, when they are not. She also likes to dominate any activity she is involved in, and does not see...
Views: 230   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 8, 2007 6:59pm
by ellie
problems at daycare
My son will be 3 in July and I'm having the worst problems with him at school! There are days that he will be the sweetest kid in class but once you set him off he will hit, bite,kick and pee on his teacher and other students as well as push book shelfs over. My hus...
Views: 234   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 7, 2007 11:25pm
by kelly
b
becca
struggerling with bedtime
hi my daughter is 2 and i still cant get her in a bedtime routine i end up having to pretend to go to bed otherwise she crys for hours please help any adivce welcome
Views: 272   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 7, 2007 7:09pm
by Hemyola Shantini
t
tricia
2 1/2 yr old naps/bedtime
My 2 1/2yr old will not stay in bed for naps/bedtime. We have tried positive reinforcement, keeping the door closed, routines etc. If she does not take a nap she will be passing out before bedtime.
Views: 196   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 6, 2007 4:40am
by aerin Macdonald
l
lina
9 year old expelled from school
My 9 year old son recently wrote some swear words on one of his papers that he had to hand in to a teacher. It said F... you. The teacher and the school were obviously not pleased and he has been expelled for a week. I am wondering if other people have experience...
Views: 198   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 5, 2007 10:04pm
by lina
l
Liz
Obsessed with being ill
Hi Ladies and Gents, Well its been a while since I posted a question, but I have come up against a bit of a head scratcher. Jake, my 11 year old, has started to become obsessed with being ill. Every day its something different, and this has been going on for ab...
Views: 211   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 4, 2007 10:55pm
by Liz
11 year olds sons confidence/secret
My son is 11 years old. He confided in me something that happened a couple of years ago (when he was 9) with his best male friend. it was of a sexual matter, and only related to the two of them, there was no older person involved. he has gotten upset about it...
Views: 256   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 4, 2007 8:02am
by Hemyola Shantini
e
Ellie
Daughter spits out her food at dinner
My daughter just turned one year old and has always been a good eater. She feeds herself and mostly eats table food. Lately she has been spitting out her food at mealtime and won't eat. How do I stop this behavior?
Views: 173   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 4, 2007 7:52am
by Hemyola Shantini
How do I get my 18 month to quit hitting and biting.
I have a 18 month year old, and he is going through the stage of hitting and bitting his older brother and sister. His older brother (9) and sister (7) know that they can't do anything about it, and they feel helpless. How young is to young to put my child in time ou...
Views: 203   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 4, 2007 12:01am
by Hemyola Shantini
kid's behavior in public
Hi, I am in need of some help. I have 3 children ages 9,5, and 2. They are normally well behaved, but lately when we go out to eat dinner or go to the store they run around and won't stay in their seats.This is really becoming an issue with my husband and I. We alway...
Views: 215   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 3, 2007 7:06am
by Hemyola Shantini
b
Bill
Issues due to military service
This is my first post, but I could use some outside perspectives. My wife and I separated two years ago and my 10 and 5 year old sons have had a tough time with it. Added to that, I was sent to Iraq for 4 months last year, then was told while there that I have been r...
Views: 179   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 3, 2007 12:14am
by Bill
t
Tracey
clingy tot
Can anyone give me some advice? We have a 3yr old son. Just lately, he has become really clingy towards me and won't have anything to do with daddy. When daddy comes home from work, he is told to go away. If i leave the room, he starts to cry and asks me where i am g...
Views: 161   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 2, 2007 11:40am
by Liz
c
Chris
Neighbor-Child(8) Stealing from our child (6.5)
Our child was playing with another this past weekend when a small but much beloved toy was found missing immdeiately after the other child left. They both collect the toys involved so some intermixing is expected, but our child's are all marked with initals for easy...
Views: 232   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 31, 2007 9:53pm
by Chris
d
Donna
4 year old strange behaviour
Hi, i have a problem with my 4 year old daughter.She has always been a little clingy on and off at times but i think she has a problem with confidence.She wont have her photo taken,well she will at home but if shes in a situation like school pictures when people are...
Views: 260   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 31, 2007 7:47pm
by Liz
Ear health very worried
My 3yr old has had many viruses and infections leading to the removal of his tonsils and adinoids and the insersion of ear grommets in both ears at the age of 2yrs 9months. 8 weeks ago he started to bleed from one of his ears and had a massive blood clot blocking...
Views: 161   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 29, 2007 11:04pm
by Hemyola Shantini
j
Jim
Toilet problem
My 5yr old has a habit or problem, not sure which it is, and wont go to the toilet for a poo, but sticks her finger in her bum to push it back up. We think she is being lazy and wants to do other things instead, and cant get her to stop doing it. Any advice would be...
Views: 195   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 28, 2007 1:54pm
by Liz
e
ellie
Some reassurance please
I would very much appreciate if someone could tell me I've handled this ok...or not as the case may be. My son who's just turned 4 was playing very nicely with a girl in the playground while waiting for nursery to open, they started by having a really cute cuddle...
Views: 288   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 27, 2007 8:39pm
by ellie
Child Stealing
My 7yr old daughter has started to steal - initally pencils etc from school. Now she has taken money from home maily coins. Last week she took €50 from my husbands wallet and bought chewing gum - we found the change in her handbag. We have discussed this wit...
Views: 249   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 27, 2007 8:21pm
by Geofff Cosnett
behaviour problems
I have a 6year old who keeps fidgiting in certain types of chairs which all started when she was a baby in her carseat. Now shes started fidgeting in school and the teacher has started asking all sorts in sinister questions about it to her. I am realy worried abo...
Views: 266   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 27, 2007 7:44pm
by Geofff Cosnett
m
mel
problems with 14 year old son
I have a 14 year old boy that defies everything i say. I say black he says white just to argue.His father was removed for domestic abuse over a year ago. I realize that he is a teenager and it comes with the territory but he is so mean and is constantly yelling at me...
Views: 261   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 27, 2007 7:17pm
by Geofff Cosnett
Boys vs girls in education
I am no longer on the chalk face but after years of teaching in a variety of secondary schools I find the current debates on the level of achievement of boys versus girls a cop out after the current government has had 10 years in office. A document produced by this g...
Views: 178   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 27, 2007 6:14pm
by Geofff Cosnett
c
carol
14 yr old son
My 14 yr old (middle) son has been very difficult over the past 2 yrs. He has been excluded from school and in trouble with th police. He has a very viscious temper (similar to his dad, my ex) He refuses to acknowldge the word NO exists. I try to get him to talk wi...
Views: 233   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 24, 2007 5:31pm
by Liz
a
Ari
Problem with a 7-year-old brother
Hi, my little brother is unusually tall for his age and because of his lack of attention and carelessness, he seems to be hurting the other kids in his class. He doesn't mean to, but he doesn't understand that he's bigger than most of the other kids. For instance, he...
Views: 193   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 24, 2007 4:43am
by Hemyola Shantini
j
jules
Problems with Son at school
Hi everyone I'd be really grateful for some advice. My son is 9 years old and I'm having problems. He won't do as he's told at school and the teacher is becoming very frustrated with him. I had to go in and see her about it last week and she said that she woul...
Views: 236   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 24, 2007 1:15am
by Hemyola Shantini
Buy Anabolic Steroids at www.sustanon250.org
Weight loss, Skin Care, Men's Health. Buy Anabolic Steroids at www.sustanon250.org! Special offer!!! Buy Anabolic Steroids Buy Steroids Buy Anavar Buy Anadrol Buy Andriol Buy Deca Durabolin Buy Decabol Buy Decaject Buy Dianabol Buy Omnadren Buy Sustanon Buy Testoste...
Views: 128   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 23, 2007 10:35am
by Buy Sustanon
dad works out of town
How do you help to girls ages 9 and 7 deal with their dad working out of town? This is the 1st time ever that he has to leave and my girls are taking it really hard. I would appriecate any suggestions or ideas. Thanks!!!
Views: 169   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 23, 2007 5:54am
by Hemyola Shantini
14 month old behaviour!
My 14 month old daughter tends to hit her friends. If you say "no" she tends to do it more! What is the best way to show her this is wrong?
Views: 158   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 22, 2007 2:43am
by Hemyola Shantini
e
eerc
I fear my 6 yr old has behavioural problems, please help?
Hi, I am having some difficulty lately with my healthy 6 yr old son, he acts very young for his age, and is very anxious of everything, specially load noises, also if i tell him something he needs to be told a million times for him to take in what ive said, and if i...
Views: 399   Replies: 12
Last Post: May 21, 2007 9:42pm
by Lisa
c
carol
14 yr old son
My 14 yr old son has been a big concern to me over the past 2 yrs. He was finally perm excluded from school and has been in touble with the police a number of times. His friends wouldnt be my choice.My son doesnt think the word NO exists. He does exactly as he wishes...
Views: 158   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 21, 2007 9:38pm
by Lisa
2 year old daughter is afraid of people other than family
hi, My two year old daughter cries and runs to her room whenever other people come to the house. She feels secured and calm and is very expressive of her feelings whenever we are around. I always tell her that those people cannot harm...
Views: 226   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 19, 2007 10:32am
by ellie
4 yr old daughter wetting her panty
I am a working mother and my baby stays in the day care after nursery. Still she wets her panty in sleep in the night and also during day time. Some times even if she is awake she does this. Is ther any connection between me being away most of the time? How shall I h...
Views: 299   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 18, 2007 8:38pm
by Hemyola Shantini
a
Amin
my son's health
i had a son who always use to have rashes during summer period, we don't understand the cause of that.
Views: 264   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 17, 2007 8:59pm
by Amin
a
Allie
Hemyola Shantini
Just wondering, are you the author of the book "Raising our children, Raising ourselves"? I have been visiting this site for a couple of years and in almost every reply you give to people, you refer to this book. Are you in fact, Dr Naomi Aldort?
Views: 313   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 17, 2007 9:38am
by Allie
b
bella9
Advice need: domestic violence
I am wondering what people would do if there child came home from being with their "other" parent and told you that they saw "other" parent pushing and slamming the step-parent around and they are arguing a lot when the child can hear and see what is going on. Tha...
Views: 255   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 16, 2007 9:12pm
by Hemyola Shantini
k
ktrena
What do I do about my 5 year old?
My 5 year old daughter was caught at aftercare today humping on a little boy. She was the agressor and I just don't know how to approch her. I want to punish her and spank her butt, but is this right? What am I supposed to do in this situation?
Views: 203   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 16, 2007 9:01pm
by Hemyola Shantini
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Free Forum powered by Bravenet