Boschee Family News, Announcements, & Opinions...

Welcome to our new forum board! Feel free to post messages or announcements about any topic you wish. This area is a great place to record your own family's special memories of events, stories, and experiences that are part of the family's folklore. Post them here to record and share them with other family members. Let others read your account and then respond with their own version of favorite family anecdotes, tall tales, and personal memories. Add to our family's collaborative history, or get different perspectives from others who can contribute to the same story. Or simply record the funny sayings and cute things that your kids do...

Boschee Family News, Announcements, & Opinions...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Russian-German

Hi Rich!

Just thought I’d respond to your question -- for as long as I've been researching the Boschees, I have yet to hear of family members who lived in Germany that immigrated to the U.S. - the only families we have immigration records or information about are for family members who were living in Russia (though they traveled to Bremen to board the passenger ships). We're not yet sure where the family's point of origin is. Some believe the Boschees are from the Baden-Baden area in Germany, others say the family is from the Alsace-Lorraine area in France, and others have suggested that the family came from Poland. We're still working on discovering the family’s point of origin and hope to find it soon.

I too, would be curious to know if anyone else has information about family members who may have immigrated from somewhere other than Russia. Does anyone have additional information that they can share with us?

-Randy

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Does anyone know if all of the Boschee's came to this country by way of Russia, or did some come directly from Germany?

Thanks,

Rich Torrey