Return to Website

Vintage Sears Garden Tractors

I've locked this board so it is available for reference only. The active forum for the site can be found here:       http://vsgt.aforumfree.com/index.htm

Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: MORE POWER!!

hey friend, try mixing about 1 part nitro methayne "buy it where the R/C stuff is sold" to 3 parts regular gasoline, this should do the trick... and it won't harm the engine... as long as you dillute it some. Try this the next time you should see more horsepower immediatly.

Re: MORE POWER!!

Hi,

All posted before were good suggestions, especially the Harley motor. I guess if you already haven't done it the first thing I would check would be the carb, I know you said you had adjusted it but it might be internal. Also it would be a lot cheaper to do a tune up on the carb then an engine swap. Seems to be doing the same thing my buddies Sears was doing whenever it was under a load. It would idel and run fine but once it was under any sort of load it would bog down and die or act like it was starving for fuel. Tore the carb down and did a tune up on it and it runs like brand new and has no issues while under load now.

Hopefully that helps,

Jon