Return to Website

Vintage Sears Garden Tractors

I've locked this board so it is available for reference only. The active forum for the site can be found here:       http://vsgt.aforumfree.com/index.htm

Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: SPRING INSTALLATION

This should help a lot!! There isn't a tang on the tractor that I saw but I'm going back out now to check. The guy I bought it from must have drilled a hole in the bracket above where the spring is supposed to go because there are wear marks that the new spring fits perfectly into. I am getting a much clearer picture of what is supposed to happen now. Thanks a lot; hopefully I won't have to post anymore questions because it is starting to snow a lot and I'll probably need the snow thrower very soon!!

Re: Re: SPRING INSTALLATION

Glad to have helped!

I really need to drink my coffee before posting. Wow...all the typos.

Re: Re: Re: SPRING INSTALLATION

WELL, I CHECKED IT OUT AGAIN AND THE SPRING IS IN THE RIGHT PLACE AND THE BELT IS INSTALLED CORRECTLY BUT IT STILL ISN'T RIGHT. I ORDERED THE BELT AND SPRING RIGHT OUT OF THE OWNERS MANUAL SO I KNOW THEY ARE RIGHT. IT HAS TO BE AN ADJUSTMENT ISSUE SO I AM GOING TO GO BACK AT IT TONIGHT AND SEE IF I CAN FIGURE IT OUT. WHEN I FIRST START IT UP IT RUNS BEAUTIFUL FOR ABOUT A MINUTE AND THEN WHEN I PUSH THE CLUTCH IN IT WANTS TO MOVE A LITTLE BIT. WHEN I PUT IT IN NEUTRAL AND TRY TO PUT IT BACK IN GEAR IT JUST GRINDS. LIKE I SAID, IT WORKED BEFORE I PUT THE NEW BELT ON SO I AM ASSUMING IT IS AN ADJUSTMENT ISSUE. THANKS!