Return to Website

Vintage Sears Garden Tractors

I've locked this board so it is available for reference only. The active forum for the site can be found here:       http://vsgt.aforumfree.com/index.htm

Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Sears suburban tractor (SS 12) has no spark,

after i checked the wire coming in from the switch, I found that the wire was hot when the key was off, and ground when the key was on. so then i checked the same wire to make sure it wasnt grounded through the motor, and that was ok. i called lawnmowers unlimited to get a price on a coil and magneto. they said it was discontinued. so then i came back onto the site here, and punched in garden tractor boneyard. i called up Ray' mower service, the lady was very helpful to me and said that they had used parts and would test them out on an engine. i bought a coil and magneto and also a float bowl and manual for the engine. the lady at Ray's mower service called me back to tell me that they found parts and would test them out. Then send them to me through UPS. and since then i have bought a gas tank rear fender and headlights from there. (this place is the best place to get parts, they are so helpful and courteous) Now my 1970 sears suburban is running as good as new, thanks to Ray's mower service ad your helpful website. thank you spence for your help as well.