Return to Website

Vintage Sears Garden Tractors

I've locked this board so it is available for reference only. The active forum for the site can be found here:       http://vsgt.aforumfree.com/index.htm

Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: fuel pump

I have seen tractor owners convert their tractors over to electrical fuel pumps. I've never done this myself because I focus on original restorations, but can see the benefit to using this on a working tractor.

Post a message on the Sears Garden Tractor Group on Yahoo if this idea interests you. I believe several there have done the conversion.

Ister,

If you have "AIR" bubbles in your fuel " FILTER" then it can not be your fuel pump, I would look and make sure 1, you have fuel in the tank, 2, make sure your rubber hose fuel line going to the tank does not have " DRY ROT " cracks in it. If it does you will suck air and fuel at the same time.

thanks fellows. my dad's masterpiece is now up and running and cutting. I replaced some fuel lines, but I removed the oil filter cover and there lay the villan....the little inline gas filter!!!! Dad had somebody work on this tractor last summer and he had put a new inline filter on it up near the carb, so I just assumed, lol I punched a hole in the wire screen and she is running great. I will not leave the filter like that if I can find a new one. Thanks again for all the input.......ister