Black Issue Forum
Join the Mailing List

Enter your name and email address below:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe

Return to Website

BlackIssue Forum

This forum is for discussing issues affecting the black community.

Get involved don't just read the comments of others; add your own opinion to the forum. 

Debate is a powerful thing; it gives insight and understanding, so join in.

BlackIssue Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BET Passed on the opportunity to cover Coretta Scott Kings Funeral

BET passed on the opportunity to cover Coretta Scott Kings Funeral to play Music Videos. (In my opinion this was shameful and embarrassing for the black community BET Represents)
What has happened to our black media, do we have true black unbiased media that reflects what the community wants and needs?

Re: BET Passed on the opportunity to cover Coretta Scott Kings Funeral

This is the 1st i am hearing of this, if this story is true that BET have let us down.
How can they Justify not covering Mrs Kings Funeral probably so they can show 106&Park. It shows a complete lack of respect.

It's just *TOTALLY DISGUSTING* that B.E.T. would rather pay *MORE* attention to rap and gangsta people than to give Mrs. King her *PROPER RESPECT!*

And don't you know that when "Left-Eye" of TLC died .. *HER* funeral was held inthe **VERY SAME CHURCH** that Mrs. King's was....and was attended by *ALL* the rappers, gangstas, and hip-hoppers..

*NOT ONE* of the rappers or hip-hoppers came to Mrs. King's funeral.

Not one.

*SHAMEFUL*!

This is disgraceful, BET have lost their way. They are in general a good station but i think to put Music Video's 1st rather than cover Coretta Kings Funeral is unforgivable.

Get it together BET

I love this site keep up the good work

In today society we don't value much anymore. As long as people support shaking butts and showing breast, and show boating women, they will continue to do so.
Also, our young men singing about killing, sleeping with women and flashing gold and money, this will always win over the most important things.

Yes, it is a shame tht BET did not cover Mrs. Coretta Scott Kings Funeral. History was made, we had four presidents there to show honor and respect, to a Wonderful wife, mother and still givng her all to keep Dr. Martin Luther King dream alive.

This should be the last time we choose music vedio, rap shows rather than giving honor and respect for great people that have paved the way for us.

Wake up BET!