Black Issue Forum
Join the Mailing List

Enter your name and email address below:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe

Return to Website

BlackIssue Forum

This forum is for discussing issues affecting the black community.

Get involved don't just read the comments of others; add your own opinion to the forum. 

Debate is a powerful thing; it gives insight and understanding, so join in.

BlackIssue Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Why are so many in the black community ignoring the dangers of contracting HIV Aids

HIV Aids is still a deadly killer, killing millions around the world. Why are so many in the black community ignoring the dangers?

Re: Why are so many in the black community ignoring the dangers of contracting HIV Aids

A portion of the reason is a weaken moral and values issue promoted by drug usage, addiction. Causing one's values and logical self-protection to sink lower and lower and lower...off the table("who give's a da_n...nobody loves me, nobody cares!" Mentality).

Re: Why are so many in the black community ignoring the dangers of contracting HIV Aids

We all love sex and honestly condoms don't make it taste better. That ailing desire,that weakness of mind and not being able to master our emtions is what's killing us

The biggest reason for so many African Americans contracting HIV is lack of knowledge. Even today many do not understand how the virus is contracted and they want to believe that the person they are sleeping with will not give it to them. I think it is not only the males resonablity but the females. We have to demand that condoms are used each and every time and get over the innate fear that 'he will not like me if I don't'. Parents need to come to the realization that teens are going to have sex if they want to and hiding from the fact will not save the human race.
my first time here

I read the article today about black women having such a high infection rate of HIV
It is crazy that in these so called modern times we are still not practicing safe sex.
More needs to be done to highlight the risk to our young sisters as they are truly ignorant to the dangers.

I believe it is fear........they fear they are in denial, fear that it can not be, this on no could never happen to me.

That is a sad position to take .
That way of thinking puts one in th efram of mind to not be serious nor take the precautions they should.

The only waythis can be dealt with on th elevel it needs to be is to face it head on( FACE YOUR FEARS)!