Black Issue Forum
Join the Mailing List

Enter your name and email address below:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe

Return to Website

BlackIssue Forum

This forum is for discussing issues affecting the black community.

Get involved don't just read the comments of others; add your own opinion to the forum. 

Debate is a powerful thing; it gives insight and understanding, so join in.

BlackIssue Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Can Relationships survive without a healthy sex life?

Re: Can Relationships survive without a healthy sex life?

Short answer is NO.
I could not be with no Gal that was not freeing up.

It can thrive and survive. There's too much emphasizes placed on sex now days. People should get to know each other, i.e. their strengths, weaknesses, sore spots and wounds that won't heal.

I think sex is very important part of a healthy relationship. Anyone thinking that its not important is fooling themselves.

I would like to say that sex is not the "only" thing in a relationship. There are various elements in a relationship that make it work. Too many to sit and name but I have to say that a relationship can not survive without sex. That is one of the ways men and women communicate their love for one another. To lay in the bed next to your spouse each night and not be held or touched in someway is hard.

To be honest relationships can survive without sex these are normally known as best friends. Since we are not looking at platonic friendships. You need to have a healthy sex life to keep that relationship alive.

Quick Answer

HELL NO

i think that a relationship can survive without a healthy sex life its jus thst now days its the norm to be having sex in a relationship and you have to remember that even though we all love it so there are many other parts to a relationship.

A relationship can survive without a healthy sex life only if both partners feel that they do not need sex to be apart of what they have. Unfortuanley sex is such a natural human need that you might initially not feel the need for sex, but desire can suddenly come upon you and then you have to face the fact that your personal needs have changed and your partner may not be able to fulfil that need. If you are mature enough to make appropriate decisions than your relationship might survive.

Things that make you go....hummmmm?

http://odili.net/news/source/2007/jan/9/562.html

Does Oprah know about this one?

Mama got needs. A Healthy sex life is needed in a relationship. Sex is not only natural but its a way of sharing something intermit with your partner which is between just the two of you.

I don't think it's really possible, even man of church need sex life, even those who can't work need that...

Yes it can survive, sometimes sex is not enough.

Try my dating service: soulsearching.biz (you'll love it)

Yes it can but it takes strong emotion and dedication from both parties to make it work. It also requires a solution to the problem. I would not leave my husband if he had Erectile Dysfunction but I would be upset if he did not care if the problem was fixed or not. Sex is helpful in a relationship becasue sometimes you can get out emotions that can not or do not need to be said at the time. Sex can bring you together but it can also tear you apart. So since I am not married at the time...could I be in a relationship where I did not have sex reguarly; I have been there and done that. It was not fun but I loved him with every inch of my being. Would I do it again? If I had to, however, I would not want to. I would rather be by myself in those instances.

I am inclined to say that the answer to that question is no. We are sexual beings needed to have sex to maintain a healthy realtionship. I quess the key word would be healthy. It is posible to be in a relation without sex but it comes with great frustration. Many of my friends that have been in relationships and have decided to not to engage in sex find themselves in and out of relationships quickly. Although being sexual does not guarantee that the relationship will survive it does make it more satisfying.