Black Issue Forum
Join the Mailing List

Enter your name and email address below:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe

Return to Website

BlackIssue Forum

This forum is for discussing issues affecting the black community.

Get involved don't just read the comments of others; add your own opinion to the forum. 

Debate is a powerful thing; it gives insight and understanding, so join in.

BlackIssue Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What age do you think women should stop having kids?

A 62 Yr Old woman gave birth to twins in New York recently, do you think that she was too old to start a family?

Re: What age do you think women should stop having kids?

no i think she started what she wanted far a long time was a family if the older woman love her children that all matter she life two wonderful children most of all she did what god what wanted her to do she brought them here and not murder them like so many other lady have did in pass. y our jackie lee shy

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

A 62 Yr Old woman gave birth to twins in New York recently, do you think that she was too old to start a family?

I agree with you Jackie, if the woman is still able to conceive then who are we to say she should not have kids.

I am a woman who is getting married next year and my intended has no children. I am considering having another child even though I have 3 children 22, 18, 15.
Personally if I was over 45 (I'm 42) I would consider that to be too old. None of us knows how long we have on this Earth. A woman can be a great mum no matter what age. My mum is 72 and the care she gives to her grandchildren is better than a lot of younger mother that I know.

I think as long as a woman can give a child the care and love that it needs, it should not matter what age she is.

I think that as long as a woman can give a child the love he or she needs then there should not be any age limit.
We are buying into western thinking, in Africa and the Caribbean women have been baring children well into there middle ages and beyond and it has not affected these children any.

So in short my answer is that woman should have kids for as long as it is posible

I think that too much is made of woman later in age having kids.
I don't have a problem with it, we need to stop conforming to what society is telling us we should do, and be ourselves.
I agree with some of the comments on this forum, if they have the love to give a child then why not. Too many young girls are having children, and then leaving that child for their mother or grandmother to look after why they pursue life on the streets. So what’s the difference?. If woman of these ages can bring up children which are not theirs then would it not mean that they would be able to do the same for a child of their own?