LaTease's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

LaTease's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A New Dawn

Today, I am writing different. I am writing this to you this as a human being, a woman, a mother, a daughter and a sister.

I went to church again today not because it is expected of me, but because I had some heavy things on my heart.

This past Friday was the one year anniversary of my son’s funeral. Not his death, but his funeral. You see, I have made it past that day in my mind already, but the one year anniversary of his funeral, well, that got to me.

In addition, I am watching a dear friend struggle with a drug addiction. Her strange behavior, weight loss and frequent disappearing acts break my heart all too much. This too, has kept me tearful and prayerful.

I was feeling too much heat in my kitchen, too much weight on my shoulders!

So I went to church with one of my sisters.

If any of you has anything that is bothering you, worrying you, troubling you, do not think you are alone in this thing. You are not. We all have someone or something we can call on in times of need.

I am not turning this diatribe into a religious discussion, because we all have a right to worship (or not) the way we choose. I respect whatever your choice may be. Its not about your God or mine, it’s about humanity, life in general.

Our time is so short, so unknown to us, that we must make sure all of our efforts are worthwhile. You’ve heard the saying, ‘make every moment count’, yes we must.

All of our lives have a purpose, a reason for being. Find out what that is and follow your heart, because your heart will not lead you wrong. Take time out to always say “I love you.” It may be your last time.

Keep evil from your mouth and mind and goodness will grow from within.

Take care,

LaTease

Your Ad Here