Return to Website

Ask a historical question about Caernarfon

Please ask your historical question below, you can write in either Welsh or English. You will receive your answer in your chosen language.

Please do not ask family history questions, if you are researching your family tree or are trying to find lost relatives, please use the Caernarfon Message Board.

Your questions will be answered by Local Historian T Meirion Hughes

Ask a historical question about Caernarfon
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
home location

i am looking to find my girlfriends fathers home and having no luck...his address was 54 prince lewellyn terrace penygroes llanllyfni rd.....tried the post office but had no luck...we are comming to wales in june and would very much like to vist her fathers home if it still exists it was evan thomas home...please help if you can or [put me in right direction] thanks very much elizabeth and karen thomas jones

Re: home location

Unfortnately, I am not very conversant with the geography of Penygroes and am basically a Caernarfon Town Historian. However, I seem to recollect that there was a Tavern called Prince Llywelyn in the village many years ago.

The Archives, Victoria Dock, Caernarfon may be the best place for you to write to and their Tel No. is 01286 679095.

Regards,

T.Meirion Hughes.

Re: Re: home location

It appears that Prince Llewelyn Terrace is still in existence, but could have changed its name. If you take the road out of Penygroes towards Nantlle, there is a turning (Ffordd y Brenin) on the left, which leads up to the school. Behind the houses facing the main road there is a short terrace of houses before reaching the school. This is Prince Llewelyn Terrace. I've no idea if they are the original buildings or if they have been redeveloped.