Return to Website

Ask a historical question about Caernarfon

Please ask your historical question below, you can write in either Welsh or English. You will receive your answer in your chosen language.

Please do not ask family history questions, if you are researching your family tree or are trying to find lost relatives, please use the Caernarfon Message Board.

Your questions will be answered by Local Historian T Meirion Hughes

Ask a historical question about Caernarfon
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
wells street

Annwyl Meirion
Yn gynta llongyfarchiadau am y web ddiddorol iawn ydi hi rwyf yn siwr bod lawer o bobol fel fy hyn yn cael eu mwynhau.
You will no doubt recall that I lived in William Street in the 40's at one end were the two schools and the leather works and at the other end y Capel and the Sales yard .
Just behind the Cadnant that ran behind the back of William St was a block of land which was refered to as well st I can recall getting a telling off for playing amongst some bricks and getting soot over my colourful fairisle sweater but nothing about the history significance of the area.
Ialso recall there was an orchard to one side between it and Seilho where I think a man known as Williams the Taxi lived .I wonder if you could enlighten me are there any pictures of the area avilable ?.
With my very best wishes to all the cofis
cofion gorau
Alwyn Parry yn flaenol o Cwellyn ffordd Llanberis

Re: wells street

Hi Alwyn,

Diolch am y geiriau caredig.

Mae'r tro hwn y pumed waith imi geisio sgwennu'r ebost hwn. Ni allaf ychwaith anfon 3 llun o Well Street ichi gan fod fy ebostiau yn dod yn ol imi bob tro. Problemau, problemau.

Byddwch gystal ag anfon eich cyfeiriad ebost iawn imi fel y gallag anfon y lluniau ichi.

Cofion,

Meirion

Re: Re: wells street

Bore da Meirion
Sut ydach chi heddiw roeddwn yn meddwl fwy am yr hen Willam street neithiwr a chofio chwarae cricket a pel droed ac defnyddio walliau y capel fel goal ! Problemau wahanol roedd ganddo y dyddiau ynna weithiau aeth y bel drost wal gefn Mr Tyler (margaret street )ac roedd on yn dda iawn a cawn yr bel ynnol pob tro. Roedd i yn wahanol iawn pryd aith i drost giat williams y taxi oherwydd bod alsatian mawr yn rhydd yn y perllan ac redeg i mewn ac allan fel milgi roedd rhaid inni. Buaswn yn hoffi os buasech yn trio Alwyn@depict.co.nz unwaith eto.
Thankyou again for this information it is truly wonderful and I'm sure that your efforts will be respected even more by historians and cofis in years to come as memories dim of what Caernarfon was.Cofion gynnes
Parry Als Cwellyn
ps please forgive the spelling errors the language is a little rusty after living in NZ for almost half a century !

Re: Re: Re: wells street

Sorry Alwyn,

I have just sent another email and it has again been returned to me as PERMANENT ERROR. There is obviously something wrong at your end.

If you have another email address sent it to me and I will try again.

Meirion