Return to Website

Warrior-Scholar Discussion board

A place for Soo Bahk Do - Tang Soo Do - Moo Duk Kwan members to connect and discuss the martial arts. *Note we reserve the right to delete any posts that are disrespectful. This is a board for Warrior-Scholars, visitors are expected to behave as such*

Warrior-Scholar Discussion board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Characters

The Moo Duk Kwan patch has always had a character for 'Moo' in the center to represent the Moo Duk Kwan. IN the old days...the two charactes left and right were 'Tang' and 'Soo'. Today...it has 'Soo' and 'Bahk'. I'm surprised your instructor hasn't explained the patch symbolism to you?

JH

Re: Re: Characters

Yes it has been explained in the past, but since my need is more immediate than when I will be in class next (because of the holiday)is the reason for my question.

I made an error in the past regarding the proper characters... Just erring on the side of caution.

Thank you for your response!

Re: Characters

you can find the characters for "soo bahk do" in that order on tenedorio sa bom nim's website, http://www.sbdki.com/
they are the three characters down the left hand side of his studio's logo (soo bahk do karate institute, with the fist in the middle). fyi, the characters down the right hand side say "moo duk kwan".

you are correct about the characters used in the moo duk kwan logo.

yours in soo bahk do,
pj steyer