Return to Website

Warrior-Scholar Discussion board

A place for Soo Bahk Do - Tang Soo Do - Moo Duk Kwan members to connect and discuss the martial arts. *Note we reserve the right to delete any posts that are disrespectful. This is a board for Warrior-Scholars, visitors are expected to behave as such*

Warrior-Scholar Discussion board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: So yo HUN?

So Ho yun is little tiger form. It emulates a tiger cub chasing a small butterfly or bird. I don't have my notes available I have the style written down somewhere and I posted it previously. It came to the MDK by way of the Ship Pal Gey a group of chinese martial artists living in Korea. Similar to the chinatowns in our cities. SInce GM trained in China he spoke chinese and befreinded people in the Ship Pal Gey. He was one of the rare few Koreans that were accepted by him. Students from both groups cross trained and So Ho yun migrated into the MDK curriculum. I was told KJN H.C hwang trained with them for a while learning weaponry etc. KJN can weild a mean double broadsword and spear so I beleive it. They ship pal gey were also involved in the goodwill exhibition in Korea. Various pictures of this are in volume one. The MDK version differs from the SPG version. It's a little more defined in movement and timing as opposed to continuous movement throughout the entire form. In Chinese it is called Shao Fu Yin

Re: Re: So yo HUN?

You can see a version of it here on Mac's site :
http://mchenry.homeip.net/TangSooDo/forms/index.htm

David

Re: Re: Re: So yo HUN?

Very interesting video, the form is listed as SoRim JangKwon?

There is a section that is identical to one of our organisations technique combinations and some other very familiar motions. The combination in question (Tang Soo Tao #9) was devised or perhaps implemented is a better word by Master Caputo. I have often wondered from which form it came as i have not seen it performed before. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Is this form still practised by many Tang Soo/SooBahk practitioners in the US?

thanks

Re: Re: Re: Re: So yo HUN?

I beleive Master Caputo had a friend or two in the Ship Pal Gey. If I remember reading his book right.

Re: Re: WEB

Please can someone send me the link where I can find the video clip of Sa Bom Nim Diaz doing chil sung 6....

Thank you,
Ann Johnson