Return to Website

Warrior-Scholar Discussion board

A place for Soo Bahk Do - Tang Soo Do - Moo Duk Kwan members to connect and discuss the martial arts. *Note we reserve the right to delete any posts that are disrespectful. This is a board for Warrior-Scholars, visitors are expected to behave as such*

Warrior-Scholar Discussion board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Proper Mindset

Thank you. I assumed as much but thought it more prudent to ask.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Proper Mindset

To clarify my position on the matter of spirituality, I believe that spirituality is a natural and positive (for the most part) aspect of humanity stemming out of our intelligence and curiousity concerning the universe. Although I'm a non-religious person, I am a spiritual person. However, I decided long ago that rather than follow the doctrines of an organized religion, I'd come to my own conclusions concerning the universe and my place in it. In a way, I feel that organized religion clouds spirituality within an individual. With it, one no longer tries to seek out the truth within themselves because the truth is written in a book, manuscript, or some other religious text. Not to mention, the texts that we read today have been rewritten thousands of times by priests and scholars and kings to fit the political realities of the day.

So, in summary, I'm simply saying that religion and spirituality are two separate entities and are often mutually exclusive.