Return to Website

Our Calabrian Heritage

Discussions and research for People of Calabrian Ancestry.

Our Calabrian Heritage
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Restagno's from Ardore

My fathers family is originally from Ardore. I have just ordered the microfilms from his town this morning and may contain information that may be helpful to you. If you are interested, please feel free to email me.

By the way, did your Frank move to NY and have brothers by the name of Salvatore and Rocco?

nuccia

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I am looking for information on my great grandfather Frank Restagno. I know he came here from Ardore, Reggio Calabria in 1909. He was born in 1892 and raised by his grandmother.
Any info would be appriciated.
Thanks
Michelle
dooderbud5@sbcglobal.net

Re: Re: Restagno's from Ardore

I would love to know if you find anything about the Restagno family...
I know a little bit about him(he didn't tell his kids much)
He was raised by his grandparents because his father was murdered and his mom disappeared when he was young.
As far as I know he was an only child and never spoke of any family.
He was born somewhere between 1890-1892. I found a francesco Restagno that was listed as coming to the states in 1909 that was coming to see a Bruno Restagno(it is spelled Rastagno in the ellis island records)
that is listed as his uncle. I am not sure if this is the right Frank but I think it is.
My great grandfather married my great grandmother in 1912 in NYC. They met working at the Congress hotel.
They moved to Chicago after that and that is where they lived until both of their deathes.
I know my aunt said a man from New York used to come visit Frank and she said he always seemed to know a lot about him but she can't remember his name and she never knew who he was.
Thank you for any info you have.

Re: Re: Re: Restagno's from Ardore

I just sent you an email..

nuccia

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I would love to know if you find anything about the Restagno family...
I know a little bit about him(he didn't tell his kids much)
He was raised by his grandparents because his father was murdered and his mom disappeared when he was young.
As far as I know he was an only child and never spoke of any family.
He was born somewhere between 1890-1892. I found a francesco Restagno that was listed as coming to the states in 1909 that was coming to see a Bruno Restagno(it is spelled Rastagno in the ellis island records)
that is listed as his uncle. I am not sure if this is the right Frank but I think it is.
My great grandfather married my great grandmother in 1912 in NYC. They met working at the Congress hotel.
They moved to Chicago after that and that is where they lived until both of their deathes.
I know my aunt said a man from New York used to come visit Frank and she said he always seemed to know a lot about him but she can't remember his name and she never knew who he was.
Thank you for any info you have.