Return to Website

Our Calabrian Heritage

Discussions and research for People of Calabrian Ancestry.

Our Calabrian Heritage
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Families from Gioiosa Ionica and Martone.....

This is Louis Loccisano, and I am doing a family history and DNA study of the people from Gioiosa Ionica and Martone in Reggio Calabria.

If your family was from Gioiosa or Martone, I am wondering if you or your parents would be willing to do a DNA test for my project. It's really a win/win situation for everyone, as you can learn about your ancestors and I can get some more data on different familes from these villages. It's a simple painless Q-tip swab that you or your dad/mom would have to use to swab their cheek for about 2 minutes, and then just put it back in the mail.

The only thing I would ask is what you let me know your dad's and mom's parents and grandparents names and approximate years of birth are---so I can search the Gioiosa and Martone Civil Records for your family history. I should be able to trace most families back to about 1750.

I appreciate you considering this. The National Geographic website explains the project pretty well: www.genographic.com OR you can look at my website: www.calabriadna.com

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Thanks for considering,
Louis Loccisano
LouLocc(at)pacbell.net
www.calabriadna.com