Return to Website

Our Calabrian Heritage

Discussions and research for People of Calabrian Ancestry.

Our Calabrian Heritage
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Angelo Torcaso and Rose Grandinetti

Angelo Torcaso (1886-1973)and Rose Grandinetti (1894-1982) may have been born in/about Platania, Reggio De Calabria, Province of Catanzaro, Italy. Rose' parents may have been Francesco and Manulea Grandinetti. Angelo and Rose lived and had family in Pennsylvania USA. Anyone familiar with these names???

Re: Angelo Torcaso and Rose Grandinetti

There are Grandinetti's that live in johnstown Pa.

Re: Angelo Torcaso and Rose Grandinetti

Greeting my Grandfather (Francesco Grandinetti) had a father who lived in PA.

Yet I am told that his name (Great Grandfather) was changed to either Aeilo and or James Bruno once he got to PA.

Rosima Grandinetti was Francesco,s Sister

Maybe not a connection, let me know what you think

Re: Re: Angelo Torcaso and Rose Grandinetti

I cannot recall the first name but when I talk to my Uncle I will ask him his name. I am almost sure that we are related to Grandinetti's. Have you ever heard the Arcurio name or Pallone name?

Re: Re: Re: Angelo Torcaso and Rose Grandinetti

My mother was Margaret daughter of Frank and Rose (DeRosa) Grandinetti. There were also three brothers Emilio, Albert and James and all lived in Johnstown. Arcurio's were cousins. The Grandinetti family owned a dry cleaning business called Grand Cleaners. I knew it well...we all had to work there at one time or another.
Please share any info you might have.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I cannot recall the first name but when I talk to my Uncle I will ask him his name. I am almost sure that we are related to Grandinetti's. Have you ever heard the Arcurio name or Pallone name?