Return to Website

Our Calabrian Heritage

Discussions and research for People of Calabrian Ancestry.

Our Calabrian Heritage
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Angotti, Scarpino

Hi Barbara,
Do you remember me. I'm Alfredo Perri, great grandson of Mariantonia Angotti. I was about to e-mail you that I was in the process of sending you a photo, but I never heard from you again, so I didn't send the photo, because I wasn't sure whether you wanted me to contact you or not at the time. But now I am taking a chance. I have some information for you.
I have looked at Maria Muraca(nee.Perri)'s passport, thanks to her daughter,Filomena(Mrs. Emilio Colosimo)who is Giacomo Muraca's sister.Maria according to the passport was born on 13th October 1909. She and the family arrived in Australia by airplane in 1948, landing at Essendon Airport. Marietta (Mrs.Carmelo Morello),according to her daughter,Connie Russo, was born on 18th April 1911), Rosina(Mrs. Carmelo Branca)was born on 17th January 1915, Pietro, acccording to his passport was born om 8th June 1918,Alfredo, my grandfather, was born on 8th May 1921, Amelia(Mrs. Biagio Madafferi) was born on 10th April 1924 and Iolanda(Mrs. Carlo Pettinato) was born on 26th August 1926). I have got Domenico Perri's naturalisation records and that's where I got the birthdates for Alfredo, Amelia and Iolanda. The naturalisation records states that Mariantonia and six of the children arrived in Australia on 22nd January 1935 on the ship "Otranto". I have also the nomination record for Serafina. This probably irrelevant to you, but I thought it might help.
Also, just for advice, but is up to you, I would try and obtain, Achille's naturalisation record if he was naturalised., because it could give you details of Filippo and Serafina. I am trying to obtain the passport of Serafina, to get a complete date of Birth and parents names. The last thing, Mariantonia died on 20th November 1947 aged 55 of Cerebral Apoplexy, if I understand her death certifcate right.
I hope to hear from you.
Take care.

Alfredo Perri.

Re: Re: Angotti, Scarpino

Hi;
My grandfather was John Colosimo and moved to Detroit
in the 1920's. He married a lady from Zagarise, my grandmother (Mary). All I know of him is that he originally came from Cocenza or thereabouts. Do you have any information on Colosimo's from the Cocenza/Colosimi area?
I would appreciate anything you could tell me.
Greg Colosimo

Re: Angotti, Scarpino

Hi Barbara,

Am interested to know a bit more or are we possibly related. My Father is Dominic Branca and his Great Grandmother was Serafina Scarpino (nee Angotti) would love to hear from you.

Regards Charlie Branca