Return to Website

Our Calabrian Heritage

Discussions and research for People of Calabrian Ancestry.

Our Calabrian Heritage
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NOCERA TERINESE & FALERNA

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON THESE TWO CITIES IN CATANZARO, CALABRIA,1. NOCERA TERINESE AND
2. FALERNA?.
ALSO RESEARCHING FOR SLYVESTRO CURCIO FROM NOCERA TERINESE; HE CAME TO AMERICA VIA ELLIS ISLAND FROM THE PORT OF DEPARTURE NAPLES,ARRIVING 9 SEPT 1902 ON THE "HESPERIA", HE WAS 31, AND VINCENZA TEODORA FROM FALERNA; SHE WAS 22 , PORT OF DEPARTUTE WAS ALSO NAPLES ON THE "KONIG ALBERT". THEY EVENTUALLY MARRIED IN THE USA.
THANK YOU

Re: NOCERA TERINESE & FALERNA

My husbands family is from Nocera Terinese. We go there every summer. His dad was born there. He knows almost every family.

What info are you looking exactly? I will ask my in-laws about Signore Curcio for you & I will reply again. They are younger than him, but perhaps they knew family, etc.

Re: Re: NOCERA TERINESE & FALERNA

Hi

My dad was also from Nocera Terinese, his name was
Ortensio Mendicino, son of Aquila Curcio
almost everyone knew my grandmother Aquila

Did your husband know them??

Giovanni

Re: Re: Re: NOCERA TERINESE & FALERNA

Buon giorno Signore Mendicino,

Your family name is quite a popular name in Nocera. When we visit the cemetary in the mountains to pay repects to my husband's nonno & Nonna, we see your last name everywhere.

My father in law's name is Adolfo Paola, his father was Federico (my husband as well, of course.

My mother in laws family, too, was from Nocera Terinese. Her father's name was Nicola Trunzo. My mother in law is Letizia Elena Trunzo Paola.

We are not going this year, but perhaps next. We were there last summer. We reside in Naples, Florida. Where are you?

My in laws are there from April through September & then come back to Florida (Palm Harbor). They are in Campora San Giovanni. Do you go back often? If so, where to?

Thanks for the reply.....Hope to hear from you again.

Kim

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi

My dad was also from Nocera Terinese, his name was
Ortensio Mendicino, son of Aquila Curcio
almost everyone knew my grandmother Aquila

Did your husband know them??

Giovanni

Re: Re: Re: Re: NOCERA TERINESE & FALERNA

Hi

You can reply to my email giovanni.mendicino@sympatico.ca