Return to Website

Our Calabrian Heritage

Discussions and research for People of Calabrian Ancestry.

Our Calabrian Heritage
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
seeking information on my family history in italy

i am seeking information on "pulice" family from cosenza, italy. my father was vittorio pulice and my mother was luisa ragusa. any information is appreciated.

Re: seeking information on my family history in italy

Hi Carmen!

I also have relatives with the Pulice last name. I have a Carolina Pulice dob abt. 1843. Married Felice Reda on 10/17/1867. I also have Vincenzo Pulice. No dob or dod. Married Nicolanna Reda on 12/27/1821. Had 8 kids.(That I know of)Ignazio, Chiara, Angela Filomena, Fedele, Carolina, Angela, Giuseppina, Saverio. I also have Maria Pulice (dob)abt 1805. Married Luigi Maria Reda. They had a whole bunch of kids (11).
I have relatives that are alive today with the Pulice last name.
Please let me know if this helps you!!

Carmen...........I forgot one more name for you

Antonio Pulice...(dod aft) 1825..he married Teodora Canonaco....(dod aft) 1825

Sorry no other information available

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

i am seeking information on "pulice" family from cosenza, italy. my father was vittorio pulice and my mother was luisa ragusa. any information is appreciated.

My grandfather was Francesco Ragusa. He and his brothers & sister came to US from Cosenza when he was about 19 years old. His brothers were Mario, Angelo, and Eugene and their sister was Asunza. (These names were probably Americanized or spelling changed at immigration. Francesco died last year at age 101. His father, I believe, was also named Francesco. Any relation to your family?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Re: Re: seeking information on my family history in italy

Hi - I have a Maria Carmela Ragusa in my REDA line. Please see my original post GIOVANNI ANTONIO & FILOMENA REDA of 11/07

Ciao!

Rita May

Hi,

My great-grandmother was Concetta Ragusa. She came over to the United States in January 1920. I know she had a sister named Anna and a brother named Franceso. Her last known residence in Italy was Leonforte, Catania. Perhaps there is a link with your Francesco Ragusa?

Sincerely,
Rachel