Return to Website

Our Calabrian Heritage

Discussions and research for People of Calabrian Ancestry.

Our Calabrian Heritage
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Calabria DNA website is up!!

My Calabria Family History and DNA website is up!!

The goal of our project is to reconstruct the personal history and "ethnic roots" of our ancestors, from the best "history book" possible-our DNA - by gathering DNA samples from as many people with Calabrian ancestors as possible.

Not only will this help historians and anthropoligists gain more insight into Calabria's history, but on a more personal level, you will also be able to find out what your own "ethnic roots" are, on the particular grandparent's line that you test.

http://www.calabriadna.com

Thank you,
Louis Loccisano

P.S. I welcome any questions or feedback.

Re: Calabria DNA website is up!!

I am very interested in the Calabria DNA. I was at a POINTERS conference in October 2002. One of the classes was on DNA. We gave a DNA sample. The Sorenson Molecular Genealogy Foundation in Salt Lake City, Utah U.S. is processing. I have been in contact with Mary Nelson. They have a web site, www.smgf.org. Mary's e-mail address: mary@smgf.org.
My family came from San Vincenzo La Costa, Gesuiti and San Sisto. Family names: Asta, Funicella, DeLio.

Any information and update as to what the Calabria DNA is doing would be appreciated.

Caterine