Return to Website

Our Calabrian Heritage

Discussions and research for People of Calabrian Ancestry.

Our Calabrian Heritage
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Raschella/Battaglia/Bianco

Hi I am looking for my long lost grandfather not sure when he immigrated to the USA last name believed to be Raschella or Raschilla oroginally from Gerace (RC) Calabria, he left behind my grandfather Antonio and one daughter Teresina had at list 2 more kids in the USA Concetta married Battaglia and a son Giuseppe, unfourtunately my dad passed away for me to ask any more questions but i remember him telling me that his father's relatives used to write to my grandmother from Kimball West Virginia. I have been looking for 3 years and all i seem to find is brick walls, please if anyone has any info it would be greatly apprecciated.
Thank You
Mariateresa

Re: Raschella/Battaglia/Bianco

I checked out ellisisland.org.

Someone by the name of Rocco Raschella came through Ellis Island in 1905 at the age of 19. He was from Gerace.

Also, there are a number of Raschella's buried in Keyser, WV, at the catholic cemetery. Are you related to any of them? Check it out at http://www.rootsweb.com/~wvminera/Catholic.html

I'm finding that a lot of Calabrians - A LOT - settled in West Virginia of all places.

Re: Re: Raschella/Battaglia/Bianco

busco familiares de gerace en calabria, pueden ayudarme???? como buscar?
gracias