This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: This is for BRAVENET! (re Tag Board Sapm)

Unfortunately if a spammer is using fake IP addresses to post tagboard messages, there is nothing Bravenet can do to track them.

If you have an idea how we could decrease the amount of spam, please click on the Feedback link inside of your Journal manager, and send us a message. We take all member feedback seriously and rely on this to upgrade and expand our services.

Re: This is for BRAVENET! (re Tag Board Sapm)

Thanks Mrs G.... i thought the spam problem was pretty clear by now, obviously not...thanks for backing me up there.

Bravenet...we don't need ya to track em ...STOP em!

The banning feature isn't working, either !! ........(Bravenet....Please check...)

I've still been adding all those different IP addresses (from that spammer) to my banned list, and I just noticed that I have doubles of about ten IP addresses, so that means that the spammer sometimes uses the same IP address, and STILL gets through! I have always been using the "wildcard" ban, in which I replace the last set of numbers (after the last dot) with a ".0". This has always worked before when we were limited with the IP bans, but now something is wrong, and the banning feature doesn't work anymore.

I have also suggested that Bravenet add that verification to the tagboards as in the comment section, but they haven't acknowledged my suggestion.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Thanks Mrs G.... i thought the spam problem was pretty clear by now, obviously not...thanks for backing me up there.

Bravenet...we don't need ya to track em ...STOP em!

I've just this minute reinstated my tag board to see what happens (are the spammers still sapmming)

I've been wondering though, with the amount of spam posts that apear on our boards and how they apear one after the other, i don't think this is one or two people going round the journals, there's too much of it on too many tag boards...i think this is some sort of automated submitter/s, sommat on the lines of those safe list submitters that post one message to 100's of safe lists which in turn posts the same message on to 100's/1000's of email address's... i've seen adds for blog submission tools and offering to send your add to 100's of blogs automatically every day....i reckon it's sommat like that.

Trouble is, if this is the case it aint gonna stop till Bravenet put some sort of security measure in place, sommat these automated submissions can not by pass.

Ok...they aint stopped, that much i can confirm, i reinstalled my tag board seconds before coming here...it now has spam on it...

BRAVENET....What are you doing to stop this?... can you please get back to us and let us all know what steps you plan to take in order to put an end to this.

Right..well i don't know what (if anything) Bravenet are doing about this spam problem or whether they've even investigated the site all the tags lead to but i have just had a nosy to see if i can find any info on the site, but there's nothing.

This is the url all the links lead to (don't go to it) http://www.nettakogosita.com/ ...basically it's a search site.

There was one thing i did notice, there was a link to enquire about the domain at the top of the page so i clicked that and it took me to a page with an enquiery form to fill in (i didn't) but the site dealing with the enquiery is http://www.chestertonholdings.com

Does any one know anything about these two domains (nettakogosita.com & chestertonholdings.com)...who owns them?...how we can find out who owns them?... how do we contact the owners of the domains?... how & where would you report these domains for all this spam?

Would really like some help here Bravenet, i'm sure you will have more idea about these things than i have.

This is rediculous...i only put the tag board back on late last night and i come here now to check and find it full of this little lot...

Steven Well done! (200.168.70.68)
Dennis Good design! (64.180.252.105)
Maggie Great work! (218.154.81.61)
Patty Thank you! (58.145.50.53)
Andy Nice site! (222.118.31.189)
Howard Nice site! (168.176.146.95)
Felix Well done! (203.172.215.210)
Tammy Nice site! (222.105.25.157)
Roy Thank you! (63.236.234.27)
Dawn Nice site! (210.105.169.172)
Jared Thank you! (220.122.142.196)
Phyllis Good design! (212.190.114.233)
Keith Nice site! (220.94.120.172)
Cassie Nice site! (218.54.183.201)
Sherry Well done! (221.157.129.23)
Jared Good design! (210.220.91.35)
Zane Well done! (200.30.141.195)
Chad Good design! (220.125.190.39)
Diana Nice site! (222.121.127.125)
Jared Thank you! (221.138.36.46)
Janet Good design! (220.126.199.147)
Irene Nice site! (213.237.161.9)
Frank Great work! (219.23.20.207)
Simon Great work! (218.54.225.130)
Bruce Nice site! (219.93.174.101)
Phyllis Nice site! (220.89.229.207)
Nick Well done! (65.98.32.16)
Shawn Good design! (211.61.130.118)
Greg Thank you! (220.72.196.69)
Judy Well done! (222.98.48.241)

They were all posted one after the other, my visitors are not posting because of this and if they do their tags are getting buried under all this rubbish so i end up missing them...then i have to go in and delete, i don't have the time to keep checking the tag board for spam, i don't have the time to keep deleting all the spam and i certainly don't have the time to ban each individual IP...more to the point i'm paying for a pro journal here so i shouldn't be having this problem.

Bravenet...will you please do something about this asap and let us know what you're doing, i have given you all the info i can in the previous post to enable you to investigate and come up with a solution. Your journal members are not happy and need this spam problem sorting NOW...other wise, i for one, will be submitting a ticket requesting a refund and you can return my journal back to a free service coz i will be taking my business elswhere.

Re: Re: This is for BRAVENET! (re Tag Board Sapm)

I've had the same trouble with spammers and also deleted my tagboard.

*** BUMP ***

Just moving this up so Bravenet won't miss it coz we need some answers and solutions to this spam problem.

Go to http://www.nic.com and click the Whois link. Type in either domain name (follow instructions) and you will notice that the results will give you the same people for both domains.

Replying to:

Right..well i don't know what (if anything) Bravenet are doing about this spam problem or whether they've even investigated the site all the tags lead to but i have just had a nosy to see if i can find any info on the site, but there's nothing.

This is the url all the links lead to (don't go to it) http://www.nettakogosita.com/ ...basically it's a search site.

There was one thing i did notice, there was a link to enquire about the domain at the top of the page so i clicked that and it took me to a page with an enquiery form to fill in (i didn't) but the site dealing with the enquiery is http://www.chestertonholdings.com

Does any one know anything about these two domains (nettakogosita.com & chestertonholdings.com)...who owns them?...how we can find out who owns them?... how do we contact the owners of the domains?... how & where would you report these domains for all this spam?

Would really like some help here Bravenet, i'm sure you will have more idea about these things than i have.

WEEEEE HAAWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When you activate the tag board now there is an image verification box

IS THIS TRUE...I'm off to check...'bout time though but why don't they just tell us they are working on it and let us all know when it's in place in stead of letting us waffling on and on about the problem...jeez!...it doesn't take a minute to pop in here and say so.

Ok, off to check the new tag board feature.

WOOHOO!!!

IT'S TRUE....IT'S TRUE!!!!!

Thank you Bravenet

Bravenet has really been good about trying to work with me when I found a problem with the Phonecam. I figured out the way to use it with my Motorola V551 and let them know how I did it. They posted my instructions on their help page. So, they do really care about helping. It just takes time and patience.

Replying to:

WOOHOO!!!

IT'S TRUE....IT'S TRUE!!!!!

Thank you Bravenet

All contents copyright 1997-2006 Bravenet Web Services Inc.