Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Son

My son, Jaron is 11 years old. He has a peculiar habit, that I'm wondering if I should be worried about. His aunt,Tanya, gave him some posters for his bedroom walls, for Christmas. He told me he was ready to hang them on his wall, when I went to put them up, I noticed he had cut the eyes out of the posters. When I asked him why, he said, "I just don't like the eyes." I asked him to elaborate and he said that he has a fear of "They put cameras in the eyes, It feels like they're really watching" him. To me that sounds like he's paranoid. I asked him who he thought was watching him and he just shrugged and said, "I don't know." Should I consult a professional??

Re: My Son

I'm not a professional, just a parent. But I personally don't think there is anything wrong with him cutting the eyes out. It is kind of creepy having a poster in your room with someone on it, because sometimes it does look like they are following you. I used to have posters in my room as a teenager and took them down for that very reason. I am surly not a paranoid person. I suggest you talk to your Son about just taking them down.