Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
what else can i do to see my daughter normal

My daughter when she is 8 months old undergone an MRI scan .Doctors said it is cerebral palsy.Now she is 2 1/2 years old now she is walking independently after continious physiotherapy but now she is diagnosed with hearing problem so few months back we started giving her hearing aids and speech theraphy daily.But i have so many doubts ,she will respond to some sounds some times and not always with or without hearing aids.And i also noticed that early in the morning she responds to almost all sounds like a normal kid for 5 mins.she will not respond to a dropped steel plate even with hearing aids .I am confused is she having hearing problem or lack of concentration?? Am worried.how to test her?what else can i do to see her normal?

This is the MRI scan report done at the age of 8 months.

MRI Scan for TSE T1 & T2 Wt.images of the Axial sections with out IV contrast

The report shows:
- Signals from orbits normal,bilaterally no masses
-Signals from brain system & Cerebellem are normal
-ventricular system dilated
-sulci,sylvial fussures & cisternal spaces are widened .Prominent subarachroid spaces in the bilateral temporal and frontal regions
- bilateral periventricular white matter shows hyperintensity on T2 in the parieto-occipital regions
-suspicuious focal cortical dysplasia in the rt.fronto-pariental region
- no midline shift
- no e/0 bony pathology fractures
Impression:
1) mild cerebral atrophy
2) periventricular leukomalacia with ? focal cortical dysplasia in the Rt.Fronto parietal region