Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Someone help me!!!

My daughter is 4 years old, 5 in October. For 2 years, i have brought her up on my own and she has just recently started seeing her dad.
My problem is that for the last ten months or so, my daughter is becoming progressively more and more out of control.
If she doesnt want to do something, she kicks, screams pucnhes, pulls hair, and trashes her room. I've tried everything with her, doctors brushed it off, sticker charts, naughty steps are just not working and im just at a loss as to what to do now.At weekend, she let herself out of the house and walked to the end of our street (probably about a 10 minute walk) i explained to her that she couldnt do that but she just has no regard whatsoever for the consequences.
She went to live with her nana for a week in a bid to get her to behave but its not worked and if anything, its actually gotton worse. Someone please help me, i really am at the end of my tether!!!

Re: Someone help me!!!

Hello. I see this happening with my wife sometimes and I get a hold of it and sometimes its me an my wife gets a hold of it. Maybe live in with the grandparents for a week. But mainly show her the way, jus when you're tiredit migt get harder or easier but get her busy, go to playgrounds, make a picnic, bake a cake, bake biscuits, go to another playground, play football near th playground, go to a gymnastics group (or climbing area) where she can get tired, take her to another playground, ensure she has an approximate get out of bed, breakfast, lunch, inner, get ready for bed routine. Do some art work, take her to the library, take her to a children's theatre, take her to another playround. She could be tired after all that, read bedtime story, get some percussion instruments to play with for a time and sing to nursery rhymes. Mainly you lead and be active andshe might follow you, ad if you can enjoy thee nice things stil she might get over what is a typical phase.