Practical Parenting Advice Online Parenting Course

Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE A 7YEAR OLD STEP SON WHO LIVES WITH US AND HE DOES NOT LISTEN AT ALL IF HE GOES TO SOMEBODY ELSES HOUSE HE IS A TOTAL HELL YAN HE IS VERY DISRESPECTFULL,STEALS,DOES NOT LISTEN IN SCHOOL,HE IS PUTTING A WEDGE BETWEEN ME AND HIS FATHER.I JUST DON'T NO WHAT TO DO WE HAVE TAKEN HIM TO A THERAPIST,GOT HIM TESTED FOR ADHD BUT EVERYBODY WE TAKE HIM TO SAYS HE'S FINE.BUT THERE IS SOMETHING A MATTER WITH HIM AND I'M LOSING MY MIND SO IF ANYBODY CAN HELP OR HAVE ANY IDEAS PLEASE LET ME NO.THANK YOU

Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must be a step son thing!!! I have a 10 year Step son and he was really acting out when he was at his mums and came to live with us... he seems to be doing well at school, but he just doesn't seem to be able to stop lieing.... i am at my wits end to and wish i could offer some helpful advice!!! I need some myself!!! He acts up even worse when he goes to his mums! I just can't deal with the lies and taking without asking and then lieing about it!!! you have my deepest sympathies!

Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

could be totally off the wall here, but have you looked into attachment disorder/the primal wound??