Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
my 4 year old HELP!!!!!!

Hello there, i found your site by searching for '' parent advice!''

I need some serious help, My 4 year old he is a very bright, very clever little boy,but he has always been a difficult one when it comes to making him happy.

But recently all he seems to be doing is moaning and winging, even it goes as far as crying over nothing.
I have always tried my best to play with him and do things with him after school, but it seems nothing can make him happy. It seems like he is doing things for my attention but i have never depreived him of my attention...
for example he will sit on the sofa and repeatitiavly hit and kick the side of the sofa waiting for me to react.. of corse i dont i just ignore him, or for exapmle the other night we were going to get in the bath and i say ' im just talking to uncle jason i will be there very soon, you start to take your clothes off and i will come up in 2 mins darling' and he goes but then starts stomping his feet and screaming for me saying '' MUMMY COME NOW! AARRHH!!''

he also has been moaning so much over everything, no matter how much i do for him and play with him, he always finds something to have a moan about, its like he needs constant reasurance and i dont know what to do.
Also bedtimes, i will take him to bed and we have a calm bedtime routine, bath at half 6, drink of milk, 7.15 is bedtime, story and cuddles and then its time to sleep. but within 3 mins of us going down he is playing in his bedroom or reading!! How do i stop this? he is clearly tired with all the yawning and red eyes ect... but its like he tries his BEST not to fall asleep! then comes down to tell us he cant sleep when he hasnt tried!

I dont know what to do anymore, i try so hard to make things ok.
What do i do?!

Re: my 4 year old HELP!!!!!!

Is your example of bathtime a typical scenario when it comes to playing and spending time with him...by which I mean you finishing talking with someone while he starts on his own? Or is that a now and again thing?