Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
5 yr old thinks shes 20

i am a single parent and my daughter sees her father when he decides to show up never a set time or date he just comes n goes but the last time he seen our daughter he slod her a dream he tlod her she was movin to another state w him and would have a new school etc.... well now im cant get my daughter to listen to me she says daddys the boss...she is acting out in school she tlod the teacher she was not her real teacher her dad toldm her she would have a new one so i guess my problem is that she is holding onto everything he told her but he is nowhere arond and shes stressin she wants what she was promised i really dont know how to get her behavior back in line i need

Re: 5 yr old thinks shes 20

To be very honest I would say no more contact with her dad as he is messing around. I have been through this before with my ex. I was told that as you have residency the father has to do what you say.
The father needs to be told this is not how you treat a child!!
Once contact has stopped you child will be able to carry on with life and will get out of this phase.
The school needs to be told what is going on too, so they know how to deal with the situation.
If your daughter asks when she is seeing her father, explain to her that he is very busy at the moment and will be in touch soon.
Good Luck