Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
5 yr old Biting and toileting problems

Hello - can anyone offer advise - my 5 year old is constantly being sent home from school for biting - and generally being uncontrolable - he is one of the youngest in his year - and has been seen by the doctors who say he is not ADHD - but i am at my wits end - as school do not seem able to cope with him - he also seems to have no control over his poo and does it in his pants wherever he is - he even has to wear a swim nappie in the pool - can anyone help me please

Re: 5 yr old Biting and toileting problems

What does school do about the biting other than send him home? They should have a behaviour policy to use to control it. Ask to see it and go through it with him and his teacher so he fully understands it.

My answer to him being continuously sent home would be to refuse to collect him until the end of the school day. I might even go so far as to switch my phone off. If his behaviour is extreme enough for them to be regularly sending him home they should pointing you in the direction of support.

are you a single parent?

I had this with my son when he was 3. i bite him back so he knew how it felt and he has never done it again
he is now 7