Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
help dont know what to do about my daughters symptoms

hi my daughter tenses all her muscles for no apparrent reason theres no pattern to this or any particular thing that sets it off, she seems to do pelvic floor excersizes, sitting up, and tenses thigh muscles and pulls on whatever is closest to her it could be anything her clothes or furniture. its hard to explain what she does the health visitor and docs say ignore it but this doesnt work im getting alittle concerned as shes been doing this since she was 1 yr old she is now nearly 4yrs, please can anyone help me with this as im running out of ideas and sure it cant be good for her. any advice welcome. thanks chris

Re: help dont know what to do about my daughters symptoms

Hi, think this could be similar to what my daughter has been doing since she was 6 months. She used to do it as a baby when we put her in the car seat or high chair and carried on for ages. She used to pull at her clothes and hold her breath at the same time and was a nightmare to take out. She has gown out of it now at 4 and a half. Not sure if this is similar to what your daughter is doing?

Re: help dont know what to do about my daughters symptoms

Do you think these could be described as tics? I have a friend whose child has very mild tourettes syndrome. She sometimes has involuntary tics. She can't help it. Once the family, child and teacher understood what was going on, the tics became ok and life was ok.