Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
crying around other babies

Please help, my little boy is 10 months generally happy, smiley with people he knows. My problem is that everytime we are in the company of other babies around his age and they make a loud aahh noise as they all do including him. he cries with tears the whole works then he just calms down and the slightest noise sets it all off again. Ive done the picking up and taking him out of the situation, the let him cry it out, making a noise myself, singing using toys everything but nothing helps. Its gotten so awful that I feel like we cant go anywhere where little ones all play together as its upsetting for him and embarrasing for me, everyone says he will grow out of it but this isnt a new thing he has done it for months even with my neice who is 7 weeks older and he sees on a weekly bases, however older children can be loud and rough with him and he doesnt mind infact its funny. Please does anyone have any advice

Re: crying around other babies

I would give the baby groups a miss for now, neither of you are enjoying them and he's no need for them, any company is ok at his age, it'll be a while before he needs to mix with his own age group to develop social skills. Baby groups are more for the benefit of the parent but your not enjoying them either so no benefit to either of you.

Re: Re: crying around other babies

This is normal for babies, its just a phase he will grow out of it."Once 1 baby starts they all start" You need to teach him that its ok for other babies to cry, Reassure him and cuddle him and talk to him calmly.