Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My 6 year old keeps asking to die

Every time I get cross with my 6 year old daughter over things like clearing up and doing as she is told she gets upset and says that she doesnt want to live anymore and that she keeps telling God that she doesnt want this life..............I do not know what to do and end up in floods of tears each time. Any suggestion as to who I can talk to about this.

Re: My 6 year old keeps asking to die

If you go to your family physicain he/she can refer you to a counselor (that works with you insurance) and then they can talk to her, with or without you, and find out if she really feels that way or if she is pulling at heart strings to make you feel bad about asking her to do things. Kids can be so manipulative and heart breaking, and you being her mother she knows all of you weak spots. If she really feels that she wants to die they will be able to give her meds to help her, and you. They'll be able to tell you either way and then you'll know how to handle her outbursts accordingly. If you have a pastor they could probably help you out too. A lot of pastors do counseling. Good luck.