Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Desperatly Seeking Help

I have an 8 yr old son, his behaviour has spiraled out of control, when he is being good he is an adorable loving child, but when he "goes off on one" thats it he is uncontrolable. He will scream, shout, hit us ( just started this ), make rude and quite nasty comments ( unsure of where he gets this from ). He seems like he will never run out of energy. I have been to the doctors on a number of occasions asking for help but they are sure he has no problems like ADHD and such like, He sees an education Psyc at school and they have said that he is not challenged enough, How do i cope with his behaviour ? and how do I challenge him more ? I work full time and proud to say im a working single parent but i dont drive and have limited cash so finding things to do with jake are limited, My friends dont have kids so can anyone give me some advice or soemthing to make me feel like this isnt all my fault

Re: Desperatly Seeking Help

Has anybody mentioned Autism, I have a 7 yr old girl who is like this and has been diagnosed with Autism. She has very violent outbursts as she doesn't understand the world around. You need to get in contact with the national autism society and also parent partnership who will be able to give you advice how to go about a diagnosis.
Also in the meantime try giving him fish oils with omega, I give my daughter this and it really does work to help calm her down. Also ignore the bad behaviour and reallypraise the good behaviour. Does your son sleep at night? I ask this as many autistic children don't sleep at night until it is completely dark.
I hope this info is of some help.