Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fear of the loo!

Daughter had thrush and piles which caused pain going to the loo. Pain and piles now gone but has developed fear of doing a poo. Not constipated, no pain...tried rewarding, tried ignoring, tried rationalising although she accepts that it doesn't hurt and hasn't for weeks is still terrified and increasingly dirties her pants.She has been out of nappies for over a year. Am at witts end.

Re: Fear of the loo!

hi i had this problem when my son was very young he had really bad constipation and his bowel use to protude out of the bum and i had to push it back so he got a fear just the same, i know how frustrating it can be ,because it doesnt stop there they end up feeling awful tummyache ect,my used to put vaseline inside the bum telling him it was magis poo cream that made it come out better, and also he used to love insect and so i gotsome small plastic spiders and put them in the potty for him to poo on and made it into a game laughing when the poo went onto the spider i know it sounds stupid and a bit silly its not something i would ever normally do but it worked and helped him in the end then eventually he got used to it and went without having it made into a game.good luck

Re: Re: Fear of the loo!

Hi, thanks for the input. I have put on Magic Poo Cream (vaseline) and we'll see what happens.
Sarah

Re: Re: Re: Fear of the loo!

oh bless let us no how you get on.jo

Put her back in nappies and give her time to forget. Take away her potty. Buy a potty thing that goes on the toilet in half a year and don't push. She will get over it.

tell her if it does not hurt then why should she be scared of the loo

yours sincerly
lilly