Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
the teacher

I feel my daughters kindergarten teacher dosent like my daughter much.. she constantly points out negative beahvior never noticing the great in her... im extremley frustrated... am i the only one that has this problem??

Re: the teacher

I don't send my kids to any school or kindergarten. No one loves them like I do. They are born to be with those who love them totally. Consider taking her out of there. The teacher cannot force herself to love your child.

Re: the teacher

Home-schooling isn't possible for ry parent, for many reasons. I would be direct with the teacher. Maybe make an appointment and say 'You've pointed out many megative traits in my daughter, is there a real problem here? Are there any positives from your point of view? What are you doing to help my daughter overcome what you see as a problem? How can we support what you're trying to do at home?'

I have said to my daughter's teachers before (but she is 13) 'XXXX has the impression that you don't like her much?' It has always got very interesting responses....like 'No, I like her etc', and usually a schange of attitude. It's been a bit easier as my daughter has several teachers, and I've been able to say 'I've had very different responses from other teachers tonight, telling me what a hard working etc student she is... why do you think the situation is different in your class?'

Teachers sometimes want to criticse children they are finding difficult... but it is actuall their responsibility to teach every child in their class and if it's not working for your daughter, they have to find a way that will work. Simply moaning to you doesn't help as you are not in the classroom... you can help direct behaviour at home, but not at school. Sure you can support the school, back them up etc, but the teacher needs to put systems in place to modify your daughter's behaviour if she finds it unacaceptable.

Good luck... be assertive.... don't allow her to just be negative.... ask her what is positive about your child.