Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Started to wet herself again

My daughter (2.5 years) has been dry since January and has the odd accident here and there but nothing to worry about. She has recently become dry in the night but we are still putting on a pull-up. For the last 2 days, she has started to have accidents - she hasn't even attempted to go to the toilet or to tell me she needs a wee. She just wees on the floor and then says she's wee'd. It happened 4 times on the first day and 3 times on the second day. She shows no remorse when she does it. I admit I have shouted at her but this makes no difference.

Should I ignore it and just tidy it all up? Is this just a blip and I really can't face putting her back in nappies. Now I've found I'm asking her all the time whether she wants a wee and this isn't the solution as she'll become reliant on me prompting her. But if I don't ask her, she'll just wee anyway. Help!

Re: Started to wet herself again

Back to Nappies. Sorry. Children go in and out and back and forth in their development. Let her feel that she is all right with you with or without Nappies. Besides, it is less work for you than cleaning her clothes and the floor.

And development in a child often goes back and forth. Don't get attached to the stage she is in. She will go back and it is natural and fine.