Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
desperate mum

Hi, this is the first time i have posted here....
I have 3 children, boy 8, girl 5 and baby 20 months, my first two are my ex hubands and my baby with my partner who i have been with for 3 1/2 years.
I left my ex husband because of domestic violence directed towards myself and to my eldest son.
I have been backwards and forwards to court opposing contact with their natural father because of this and both children were adamant they did not wish to see him either.
However, the children are forced by court order to have fortnightly contact with him supervisedby exes mother and they are not coping very well with it.
My son in particular has sleeping problems, his behaviour has worstened and is anxious and nervous, he has also developed psoriasis, the school have also expressed their concerns too.
I am at a loss as to what to do to help him as the contact is to continue for thr foreseeable future.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks CMF.

Re: desperate mum

Get a better lawyer. This does not sound right. They shouldn't have to go against their will.

Re: Re: desperate mum

Unfortunately due to the amount of parents who won't let there ex's see there kids as revenge the courts now see parents objecting to contact as obstructive and hand it out anyway regardless and that leaves children like yours suffering further abuse. If the school will support you they will be listened to more as they are not emontionally involved and won't be considered to have an ulterior motive. Go back to your solicitor and get advice...and as hemoyla says, if they're not doing there job properly get a new one...remember you employ them not the other way round.