Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My daughter's step child

Our daughter has married a guy with 3 children, the middle 1 aged 8 is extremely disruptive, rude and manipulative. Her husband will not hear a bad word against them, keeps saying they are his children, she is too strict with them.

Middle child is being cruel, rude and will not behave when our daughter is left on her own to deal with them, but becomes a little angel as soon as dad appears on the scene.

Things are getting bad, and we do not want to take sides, but something has to be done, for the sake of our daughter's sanity

Can anyone help please?

Re: My daughter's step child

I wonder why he married a woman he thinks isn't up to the job of caring for his children...strange man.

She knows that your daughter and her dad disagree and is using it to create problems between them. Your daughter and her dad need to compromise, somewhere in the middle is a set of standards they can both live with. If he won't your daughter should point out to him that if he's not happy with her ways of coping with the kids then maybe he should look after them himself. Tell her to start saying NO! (Been there, done that and understand the stress it causes!)

Re: My daughter's step child

Wow, he sounds like a great father. Maybe there is something she can learn from him. After all he is the one with experience and they behave well with him.

Sorry, I just had to point that out. I don't mean that your daughter couldn't have some good idea, but parenting is experience and learning.