Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Help I don't know what to do!

I can't get over some of the things you said in your message. My daughter was terrified of the wind as long as I can remember and in her 2 year old words said that she was afraid the "house was going to fly". Same with the puppets, games, etc. Her worrying so much seems logical, for instance, they had an early dismissal because of snow and she cried and began to panic when she heard the announcement. No other children did. Other children just go with the flow and not even think about whether their parents know or if the bus will know to come early, etc. She did. Luckilly, we did make a play date with a friend from her class this Saturday. Her friend was also chosen to be in the special "gifted" class my daughter is in. It's just once every 6 school days but it's an opportunity for them to be stimulated intelectually. I feel much better reading your letter. I think what I need to do is help her learn how to deal with her "what if's" and think past them. She's smart enough to think "what if" but if I can take her one more step to realize "what's the worst that can happen" it may do the trick. I'll talk to her about kissing too, hopefully it's just a phase! Thank you SO much.