Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Daughter messing in diaper during the night

Is she poorly?

Has something happened that might have rocked the boat?

If not:

I think you need to put your foot down and put her in knickers and throw away the pull ups...so you might get a soiled bed for a few nights but this sounds like a game and you need to take charge again.

Also if she is making a mess in her knickers 'intentionally' then have her clear it up...she won't do a perfect job off course as she's only 6 but what you have to finish off try and do without her knowing. She won't find it such an attractive thing to do if she's got to do the dirty work herself.

And you probably won't like this one little bit but: have you ever thought that the breastfeeding gives her permission to continue acting like a baby in some areas of her life (ie pooing in her knickers)? 3 feeds a night really isn't necassary for any 6 year old and hats off to you for your patience but wouldn't you benefit from her sleeping through without?

Wouldn't have thought the late potty training would have anything to do with it. She's totally aware of what she's doing so sounds more like she's worked out a good game to wind you up with.

Re: Daughter messing in diaper during the night

There has been no changes in her life and she is well hasn't been ill lateley. I think you are right that part of the problem is that she wants to act like a baby in some ways and i agree that because she is still breast feeding doesn't help. Maybe it will be a start by putting limits on her nursing and cutting out the night time feeds beacause it would be nice to have an unbroken nights sleep. Im not sure about making her clean her own panties, i have tried that before and it does not bother her. She is in diapers full time now and still not wanting to go potty, she even peed during a diaper change today all over my bed! Maybe some other punnishment would work or even some rewards system to encourage her to go on the potty? Thankyou for responding and for your advice. Must go she's just got out of bed and asking to nurse Im going to see if she will go back to sleep without it.