Practical Parenting Advice Online Parenting Course
Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk
Well I talked to my daughter again about the possibility of repeating...and she doesnt want to hear of it, as always. She says she would rip her heart out of her chest if she had to...I reminded her of how immature a statement like that was, And how she wouldnt be repeating due to bad grades it would just give her some extra time to grow inside and out. Needless to say, she doesnt want to hear of it, so I dont think its going to happen...I just dont know what else I can do, or if I should do anything?????I dont want to force her into this and ruin her life (as she percieves it)
Ok if this is the case maybe you can wait another year to see how she goes before making a decision. If you wait and things aren't successful, your daughter may see a need to repeat for herself and she would still finish school at the same time she would have if she repeated now and since she would be repeating and no time would be wasted. Good Luck!
it doesnt look like Im going to hold her back...she is dead set against it, and I dont know If I should trump her thoughts and just do it because I think its right...There are other kids whom are just a month or two older than she is whos parents wouldnt even consider keeping thier kids back because they will have turned 11 one mo. before school starts in Aug???? Im really torn and at a lost here. It pains me to see her grow up with older more experienced children from now on....???
It may not be such a worry to see your daughter grow up with older and more experienced kids. It can give her something to grow on and it may only be problematic if it bothers your daughter. If she is perfectly satisfied with the situation she is in, then there is not much need to remove her from it. I'd be careful, though, and keep watch as your daughter and her peers grow older, that your daughter does not pick up bad habits from the older kids or become vulnerable to peer pressure. Maybe you could talk to her about this. If she seems stable now, then maybe keep her going for a while to see how things pan out. Good luck!