Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: temper tantrums in 7 yr old need help

hi, i know how you feel, i also have a seven year old prone to temper tantrums. adhd is hard to diagnose and often your child may meet several of the criteria for duiagnosis, but alot of behaviour is just general kids. i agree with the other parent who left a message. time out is quite effective. also you must give her positive attention when she is good. often we tend |(as i have done) to focus on the poor behaviour more. this creates a child who will learn quickly that mum responds instantly when naught. as for the school, it is there responsibility to ensure your child is happy at school, and that her needs are met. they shoould communicate directly with you and not just write a note. perhaps you could arrange a meeting with the head and express your views?

hi my daughter was assessed whilst in school yesturday.
I am now waiting to here from the head for a meeting.things seamed a bit better this weeek well last few days. last weekend was a completer nightmare she was out of controle all weekend.

I do feel that my two sons (4 and 9) constantly battle for my attention. This comes out in all kinds of forms like those you mention re your daughter. Mine have settled more when we have and stick to routines of doing such and such with one then such and such with the other and explaining that mum is only one person and can't do everything at once. ( I only have one pair of arms and one head if I had more I'd look like an alien...worked once!)Tricky when they are young but you can explain these things to the older ones. Routine seems calming for mine maybe check and revise yours.
Goodluck

she gets loads of attention and the more she gets the worse she seems to be i have three children she is the oldest and always badly behaved