Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Teens behaviour

Hi,

Is anyone else amazed at how rude teens are to their parents. My wife grounded our daughter for lying about something and got a pile of abuse including some swearing. I wouldn't have dared answer back like that when I was a kid. Incidentally, my wife got her own back by making our daughter write a 2,000 word essay on Respect.

Tim

Re: Teens behaviour

When you think back on your teen age years, ponder why you would never talk back to your parents in a rude manner...what would they have done to you? Then ask yourself what you do different that would result in your daughter feeling she could get away with it. We also use the writing essays as part of a grounding disapline system, and it really works well.

Re: Teens behaviour

I've got to say that is an awesome punishment I am 22 and have very young kids but I it hasn't been too long since I was a teen to know that would have made me shut up and not talk to my mom like that. Inever did do that but I did have a sassyness to me that got me in trouble so I'd say you did the best thing ever.

Re: Re: Teens behaviour

What if they refuse to write the essay?