Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
History repeating itself...

I have a 6 year old daughter (only child)that is a wonderful, caring, helpful girl. Sometimes her "helpfulness" turns to bossiness. I have recognized this before and "talked" to her about it. At this point, she has many , many friends, gets invited everywhere and has many friends over. However, one of her friends recently stopped playing with her and the mom told me it was because she is too "bossy." This morning, her "best friend in the world" since they were two years old said she didn't want to come over because "she's too bossy." Both my daughter and I were devastated - I think I was more upset than her because I know what is going to happen - because she takes after her mother. She tends to gravitate towards those with "weaker" personalities (as did I) and she "helps" them. Eventually, these other girls will get sick of it and she will be left lonely - I know this for a fact - 4th and 5th grade were two long miserable years for me. I know she doesn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings - it's just who she is, but I need to change this behavior and do not know how. She called her friend this morning and apologized for making her feel bad and her friend changed her mind and came over - but I can't let this go any longer...what do I do? Any suggestions out there? Thanks.