Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: going through divorce

The guilt of a divorce for parents can be overwhelming. Don't let it stop you from moving on with your life. All that you can do is try your best - to raise your children, to have a happy relationship, to be content with yourself. By doing your best, your kids will see who you are. They will see that no matter what happens, you fight through it. Try to be confident, so you can step out on your own fully. I know that telling you to be confident is easier said then done, but there are some things you can do. Think about each dicision you make, how it will effect you and your kids. My best friend, Sara, went through a divorce that made her feel like a bad mom (even though she wasn't). She used a getting over divorce hypnosis cd from IndependentAchievement.com I'm sure other places have somehting like it too. That helped her, and also doing things just for her kids helped - spending time just enjoying being with them. Good Luck
-Melissa

Re: Re: going through divorce

thank you melissa but now with my youngest she doesnt let me do anything i cant go to the bathroom or she doesnt want to stay over at my moms house because she misses me we all told her that im not going any where
but she cries and tells me that she misses me what else can i do to secure her that everyhing is going to be okay? i get frustrated that i dont know what else to do.