Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
siblings sharing a bedroom

I have two girls ages 2 and 4 who share a room. My two year old is constantly causing problems at night. After stories and prayers she is up playing in her room, getting in her sister's bed, messing around in their bathroom, and talking. I've been told to put my 2 year old to bed before my 4 year old, but sometimes the two year old doesn't go to sleep for over an hour. I don't want my 4 year old to miss out on her sleep because of her sister. Plus, I have a six year old boy who thinks it isn't fair if the four year old gets to stay up later. My husband and I have tried everything. HELP!!! Any advice?

Re: siblings sharing a bedroom

Why does your two year old take so long to get off to sleep? Perhaps you should address those issues first, getting her into a good sleep routine so she is asleep when you put the 4 year old down. I sympathise with your son - he is old enough to think that he should be able to stay up later than his little sister. If you don't know how to set up a sleep routine, get books from the library or use the internet and then persevere, persevere, persevere. It won't come right in one or two nights!